Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Wtf? New Anker battery doesn't fit S3

OP skomes

7th February 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

45 posts
I bought an Anker battery a week ago and it just arrived. I'm trying to fit it in and it doesn't fit at all. It is too wide and the bottom sections don't align properly.

I got it from Amazon and I'm sure its a genuine battery because of that.

I just can't believe it doesn't fit. Has this happened to anybody else?

I'm extremely disappointed with this. I was planning on upgrading to an S5 in a few months and figured I'd probably buy a new Anker battey with it but I can't believe this one doesn't even fit my phone.

I've included pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/eXOCH
7th February 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #2  
Fort McMurray
Thanks Meter: 43

210 posts
More
I think it's because it's 4400mAh, stock battery is 2100 so that one's going to be significantly larger. I'm pretty sure at that size they're supposed to come with a case that can house the battery with the phone.
7th February 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

45 posts
Its definitely supposed to be bigger than the default battery but I checked videos online, it is supposed to snap into place just like the old battery. Extended batteries fit the same space but stick out farther so you need to use the provided case.

This battery DOES NOT line up with the phone along the bottom edge. It just doesn't. From Youtube videos, the batteries other people have line up and snap in. Because it doesn't actually fit into the battery slot, I can't even use the provided case.

It is very messed up and I'm just in disbelief because I can't find any record of any other person online with the same problem.
7th February 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 44

410 posts
Contact Anker. I've heard their support is very good. It looks like you got a note 3 or galaxy S4 battery accidentally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
7th February 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

45 posts
I wrote them an e-mail tonight after I posted this in the forum.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy and doing something wrong, also wanted to know if anybody else ever had this issue because I can't find any record of that online.
7th February 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #6  
Flag Sumter, SC
Thanks Meter: 72

296 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skomes

I wrote them an e-mail tonight after I posted this in the forum.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy and doing something wrong, also wanted to know if anybody else ever had this issue because I can't find any record of that online.

Looks to me like a case of a mis-labeled item. I ordered the same battery about a year and a half ago and all was fine. Im sure Anker will sort it out for you, they have a great support staff.
8th February 2014, 12:12 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

45 posts
Well no e-mail response unfortunately.

Going to have to call them.
11th February 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #8  
OP Member

45 posts
Email support is unbelievably slow.

Takes more than 1 full day to get a response, takes like 2 full days just to have them ask me a question and for me to respond.
7th July 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #9  
OP Member

45 posts
Just forgot about this thread and wanted to update.

Anker was nice over e-mail and gave me the option of a replacement or a refund.

I chose a full refund because I was planning on upgrading to a Galaxy S5 anyway which I now have.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread