Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

G3 F400K that thinks it's a F400L

OP OZJeff

30th June 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Macquarie Park
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Hello,

Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to get my F400K that thinks it's a F400L back to F400K?

I tried a couple of the custom roms from the G3 Development forum, but now I want to flash back to stock firmware and the LG Firmware tool errors out and says that CrossDL F400L to F400K error.

Recovery screen shows KTV49L.F400L10A if it helps in anyway.

I just signed up so I'm not able to post this message on the custom rom /development thread.

Cheers,
Jeff
30th June 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZJeff

Hello,

Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to get my F400K that thinks it's a F400L back to F400K?

I tried a couple of the custom roms from the G3 Development forum, but now I want to flash back to stock firmware and the LG Firmware tool errors out and says that CrossDL F400L to F400K error.

Recovery screen shows KTV49L.F400L10A if it helps in anyway.

I just signed up so I'm not able to post this message on the custom rom /development thread.

Cheers,
Jeff

I'm in the same boat, but the other way round. My F400L comes with a F400K firmware and now I can't update it. I've tried flashing the stock firmware following the guide and also got an error saying wrong device model.
30th June 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 60

135 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windwave

I'm in the same boat, but the other way round. My F400L comes with a F400K firmware and now I can't update it. I've tried flashing the stock firmware following the guide and also got an error saying wrong device model.

You need to you file explorer with root access and access system/build.prop change your model number in there to F400L and then then restore with the F400L firmware and DLL file using Flash Tool.
30th June 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Macquarie Park

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms.flynn

You need to you file explorer with root access and access system/build.prop change your model number in there to F400L and then then restore with the F400L firmware and DLL file using Flash Tool.

I had a hunch that this was the case, do you know which exact setting that needs to be changed?

I see references to F400L on the following settings

ro.build.id
ro.build.version.incremental
ro.lge.factoryversion
ro.lge.swvesion
ro,product.model
ro.build.description

Cheers.
6th July 2014, 09:11 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
I've got the same issue as windwave, my F400L came with F400K firmware and I can't update. So did anyone find a way to get their phone back to the correct firmware and update successfully afterwards?
6th July 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Macquarie Park

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E.

I've got the same issue as windwave, my F400L came with F400K firmware and I can't update. So did anyone find a way to get their phone back to the correct firmware and update successfully afterwards?

I was able to use a modified F400K .dll from another thread here, from there I was able to restore to the latest 10g factory firmware and re-flashed it again with the stock .dll.
6th July 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #7  
Flag Hong Kong

7 posts
More
Quote:

I was able to use a modified F400K .dll from another thread here, from there I was able to restore to the latest 10g factory firmware and re-flashed it again with the stock .dll.

Hello OZJeff! I need your help! I have the same problem with you. Which thread that I can download the modified F400K .dll? Thanks a lot!
6th July 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Macquarie Park

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardochu

Hello OZJeff! I need your help! I have the same problem with you. Which thread that I can download the modified F400K .dll? Thanks a lot!

Hello... I got the link to download the modified F400K .dll from this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...-load-t2801028

Cheers.
7th July 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #9  
Flag Hong Kong

7 posts
More
Quote:

Hello... I got the link to download the modified F400K .dll from this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...-load-t2801028

Cheers.

Oh! U are so nice! good egg! My G3 born again! Thank you so much!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread