Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 43,995 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Remember sim choice

Tip us?

dleb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Remember sim choice

The dual sim functionality in my XT1033 works perfect in CM11 (nightlies), but... I' missing the option where SMS and dialer can remember which SIM to use for a specific contact. Is that function hidden somewhere or is it not (yet) implemented?

dleb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleb View Post
The dual sim functionality in my XT1033 works perfect in CM11 (nightlies), but... I' missing the option where SMS and dialer can remember which SIM to use for a specific contact. Is that function hidden somewhere or is it not (yet) implemented?
Adding to that: if I recall correctly the stock rom had an option (in the mentioned apps) where one could indicate that one would want to have the app remember the sim choices.
Then, upon calling a contact one would have to choose sim1 or sim2, this dialog would have a checkbox indicating that this choice had to be rememberd for this specific contact.
The Following User Says Thank You to dleb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ribeiro1981
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same doubt here. Tried to use some dialer apps, but w/out success.

nirmalbalaji
Old
Thanks Meter 22
CyanogenMod doesn't have this Smart SIM feature which is present in Stock ROM.

dleb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalbalaji View Post
CyanogenMod doesn't have this Smart SIM feature which is present in Stock ROM.
But, is it possible to add it? And who would be able to do so? Is it the app maintainer or is it in the specific rom?

dleb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
But, is it possible to add it? And who would be able to do so? Is it the app maintainer or is it in the specific rom?
Would it be possible to extract the dialer app from the stock rom and use that to restore this functionality?

dleb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Would it be possible to extract the dialer app from the stock rom and use that to restore this functionality?
Anybody? What can be done to complete the (stock) dual sim functionality?