Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 44,984 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL] Preparing for KitKat: Return to OTA Path from any ROM

Tip us?

open1your1eyes0
Old
(Last edited by open1your1eyes0; 20th May 2014 at 05:11 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3245

DONATE TO ME
Info 2 [TOOL] Preparing for KitKat: Return to OTA Path from any ROM

This scripted tool (Windows Only!) I have written and packaged will allow you to return back to the stock OTA path from ANY single ROM (stock or custom) you might be running or even if your device is soft bricked at the moment (without even requiring RSD Lite).
  1. Download the zip file: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23487008491965516
  2. Unpack the zip file to your PC
  3. Install Motorola Drivers First!
  4. Then run the TOOL file and follow the instructions to guide you
I have also included some screenshots and an Emergency Fix in case you are stuck in Fastboot for whatever reason and need to restore back to stock and then continue the tool (automatically continues from the fix).

WARNING THIS WILL COMPLETELY WIPE ALL DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL STORAGE!

MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING YOU NEED BEFORE USING THE TOOL OR THE EMERGENCY FIX!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to open1your1eyes0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

modernmidnight
Old
Thanks Meter 2
The emergency utility was able to get me out of my soft brick. Thank you sir!

morcego.surf
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default xt925

Does it works on xt925 ?

Thanks.

Tuckycv
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by morcego.surf View Post
Does it works on xt925 ?

Thanks.
It does, the emergency will flash an XT926 firmware, might have to change internal files I guess. It did got me out of a flash failure then could get back into fastboot and then flash my Telcel firmware for my XT925.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuckycv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andreluigo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Is this for XT925?! Is this the first thing i have to do to get Kit Kat official leaked last week?

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreluigo View Post
Is this for XT925?! Is this the first thing i have to do to get Kit Kat official leaked last week?
i have seen some lazy people, but i must say you take the cake.
this thread was 4 hole post long before you posted. 2 of which, asked and answered your exact first question.

no self respecting person is going to help you, when you cant even read a 4 post long thread before asking a question in it.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
To insure i see your reply, always QUOTE me or use @bweN diorD Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

larsjameson
Old
(Last edited by larsjameson; 12th June 2014 at 06:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by open1your1eyes0 View Post
This scripted tool (Windows Only!) I have written and packaged will allow you to return back to the stock OTA path from ANY single ROM (stock or custom) you might be running or even if your device is soft bricked at the moment (without even requiring RSD Lite).
I have also included some screenshots and an Emergency Fix in case you are stuck in Fastboot for whatever reason and need to restore back to stock and then continue the tool (automatically continues from the fix).

MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING YOU NEED BEFORE USING THE TOOL OR THE EMERGENCY FIX!
Just wanted to thank you for creating this tool, man. The Emergency Fix really saved my skin from a soft brick.

yoderz
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Pretty sure this utility has bricked my phone. I was on 4.1.2 and was rooted and tried using the utility to return to stock. After the utility completed it gets stuck on the AP fastboot menu and it says Boot Failure. Any ideas to fix it?

creondai
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Nice to know it.

Orphee
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by open1your1eyes0 View Post

Hello,

Could you please write in big red letters in the beginning of your post : "ONLY FOR XT926, Do not use it for XT925" ?

Thank you
Motorola RAZR HD (XT925)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 4G/LTE (SM-T805)

The number you have called is not assigned or is not accessible.
Please try again later.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orphee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
droid, droid razr hd, kitkat, ota, razr hd