Desire Z gone to read only mode!

OP iamzain

4th June 2014, 07:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
My Desire Z seems to have suddenly gone into READ ONLY mode, It starts up fine with no problem ,but I'm unable to install anything new, and anything that seems to be deleted magically re-appears at the next boot.

I also am unable to Go to Recovery, and resetting the phone to factory default does absolutely nothing.

Any help will be apreciated!.
4th June 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 96

499 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamzain

My Desire Z seems to have suddenly gone into READ ONLY mode, It starts up fine with no problem ,but I'm unable to install anything new, and anything that seems to be deleted magically re-appears at the next boot.

I also am unable to Go to Recovery, and resetting the phone to factory default does absolutely nothing.

Did you tried to mount it on a computer?
Reboot without the SD card inside?

As you're not rooted, a fix permission can't be done...
4th June 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #3  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 735

831 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamzain

Is this your problem? If so it should help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...e-sd-card.html
7th July 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
Reply...
It's not the SD card that is readonly - it's the device itself, any Text message that is deleted reappears at the next boot, it is not possible to install anything new and a factory reset does absolutely nothing - the device just boots up the same as it was before the factory reset!.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread