Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,498 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG please do not need to artificially increase the saturation and sharpness

Tip us?

turt
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I don't see it, even on the pics posted in this page... What are we supposed to see exactly ? Confused...
The Following User Says Thank You to turt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lostatsea23
Old
Thanks Meter 68
If you had the phone you would know what we are talking about haha. Its very noticeable. Anyways has anyone tried getting in contact with LG about the sharpening?

turt
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I have the phone since last week so here goes your point
The Following User Says Thank You to turt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sub69
Old
(Last edited by sub69; 7th July 2014 at 11:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by turt View Post
I don't see it, even on the pics posted in this page... What are we supposed to see exactly ? Confused...
Sharpening is there to increase the contrast between light and dark edges...

Basically, where you have dark text on a light (but not pure white) background, over sharpening causes the dark text to have a noticeable white "glow", or "halo" around the edges of the individual letters.

If you look at dhkx's second picture at full size you can see that the background is off-white, then there's a pixel or two of bright white before the black pixels that make up the text. It's particularly obvious on text with straight edges:

Zoomed

As you can see, it only really happens left to right, the flat tops of the "W" are fine, and have no bright white pixels between the black text and the background.
Wallaby... Alpine... Magician... Blue Angel... Universal... Tornado... Hermes... Kaiser... Diamond... Raphael... Leo... i8000... Bravo... Ace... X10 Mini... i9100... TF201... Endeavoru... Nakasi... TF700... Nakasig... ST15i... i9300... Mako... Honami... D838... D855...
The Following User Says Thank You to sub69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Enddo
Old
Thanks Meter 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub69 View Post
Sharpening is there to increase the contrast between light and dark edges...

Basically, where you have dark text on a light (but not pure white) background, over sharpening causes the dark text to have a noticeable white "glow", or "halo" around the edges of the individual letters.

If you look at dhkx's second picture at full size you can see that the background is off-white, then there's a pixel or two of bright white before the black pixels that make up the text. It's particularly obvious on text with straight edges:

Zoomed

As you can see, it only really happens left to right, the flat tops of the "W" are fine, and have no bright white pixels between the black text and the background.
that is an amazing example. thank you for taking the time to do this post

Nexus 5 - Paranoid Android
Nexus 7 - Paranoid Android