Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 47,261 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][APP] QI Wireless charging for the Moto G

Tip us?

schurl85
Old
Thanks Meter 15
i think my receiver is defect, because i cannot get it to work on different devices, have tested moto g, some xperia, htc one, blackberry z10 and my panasonic 3d glasses. non of them gets charged, and in dmsg i cannot find anything with msm_otg when using the reciever, only when using the normal cable.

dubidu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by schurl85 View Post
i think my receiver is defect, because i cannot get it to work on different devices, have tested moto g, some xperia, htc one, blackberry z10 and my panasonic 3d glasses. non of them gets charged, and in dmsg i cannot find anything with msm_otg when using the reciever, only when using the normal cable.
If it doesn't work at all with any of those devices, then it sounds like a faulty charger.
I've open one of my chargers are the pcb and components are less than perfect. Not sure which one you have, but after looking inside I can understand why they are so cheap.

Try to get another model, the cheap square one (like the fist one in my link) are around 4~5 pounds, and even if you get yours replaced, it is always a good idea to have more than one charging mat around

Hampa_D
Old
Thanks Meter 36
but isn't it strange that, in my case, it charges the mp3 player but not the phone?

dubidu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampa_D View Post
but isn't it strange that, in my case, it charges the mp3 player but not the phone?
Yep, but I don't think yours is bad, if it charges a device, to me is prove that it works.
It's more likely that t is not giving enough juice to the phone to charge, but it normally you get some kind of message on the logs.

My nook hd does the same with some powermat charger, flash and make the charging noise like if is connecting/disconnecting all the time.
on the nook I can force it to charge using some special kernel (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2363710)

Hampa_D
Old
Thanks Meter 36
just threw in faux kernel because my WiFi was acting up on stock. anything I should look for?

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

I'd be damned! Tried my nexus 7 2013 charger and it fekkin works!

Skickat från min Nexus 7 via Tapatalk

dubidu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Added a small change to the floating app, so the settings (charge/led) are automatically restored after a reboot
link in the 1st post.
The Following User Says Thank You to dubidu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hampa_D
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubidu View Post
Added a small change to the floating app, so the settings (charge/led) are automatically restored after a reboot
link in the 1st post.
Works like a charm! Thanks dubidu. Would this app work on other phones too? Planing on getting the oneplus one which I actually thought would have qi charging but nope.

dubidu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampa_D View Post
Works like a charm! Thanks dubidu. Would this app work on other phones too? Planing on getting the oneplus one which I actually thought would have qi charging but nope.
I doubt the app will do anything on other phones (maybe the led would) but I believe the "floating" kernel parameter is just for Motorola devices.
Still, It is possible that the OnePlus will work without the need for the tool (or the "lock screen pattern tweak"), I have some old HTC phones which work fine, as soon as I connected them to the QI pad they will start charging.

Hampa_D
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Briljant answer! thanks dubidu

rootcid
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Thank you very much for this awesome app and guide. Soon as i saw it, the moto g became usable. You should upload the app to Play, i would pay you for it in a minute flay, even as a donation! And people would find it easier!

Anyway, thanks, you made my day.

Tags
qi wireless charge usb cable