Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Security policy update

OP trud9340

16th June 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #1  
trud9340's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
280 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
This keeps popping up in my notifications and I'm not exactly sure what it is, so I keep declining /dismissing it. I just started getting it a few days ago. Anyone have any insight?

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
7th July 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 1
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by trud9340

This keeps popping up in my notifications and I'm not exactly sure what it is, so I keep declining /dismissing it. I just started getting it a few days ago. Anyone have any insight?

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Trud, did you ever find an answer to this? My wife's phone gets this multiple times a day but since I Towelrooted I'm afraid to accept or auto-accept any security patches. I'm wondering what I need to freeze to disable this.
7th July 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #3  
adie1234's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
90 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
I declined several times but for some reason it updated on its own...

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th July 2014, 10:19 AM   |  #4  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,276
 
8,885 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trud9340

This keeps popping up in my notifications and I'm not exactly sure what it is, so I keep declining /dismissing it. I just started getting it a few days ago. Anyone have any insight?

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Probably a patch for the Towelroot exploit, who knows
Last edited by gee2012; 7th July 2014 at 11:06 AM.
7th July 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #5  
trud9340's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
280 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
I never did find a solution. I ended up rooting and flashing hyde's rom which has the security updates disabled.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
7th July 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #6  
koolboyztn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag sOmE WhErE
Thanks Meter: 94
 
394 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gig103

Trud, did you ever find an answer to this? My wife's phone gets this multiple times a day but since I Towelrooted I'm afraid to accept or auto-accept any security patches. I'm wondering what I need to freeze to disable this.



Quote:
Originally Posted by trud9340

I never did find a solution. I ended up rooting and flashing hyde's rom which has the security updates disabled.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app




u can always disable this option with yr stock ROM

Setting/General/Security/Security Policy update/ then uncheck the Automatic Update.
Last edited by koolboyztn; 7th July 2014 at 05:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to koolboyztn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes