Having an impossible time flashing CM11 rom, been at it for hours please HELP

Search This thread

Damani311

Feb 27, 2011
Well thats what you get when you leave essential details behind.

Here is the forum.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-att/general

There are plenty of guides there to unlock your bootloader.

thanks

well i didn't realize that there were so many different models or S4

regardless, in that forum it does not appear that they have managed to unlock that bootloader. At all. If you are seeing something different please let me know.

and what I don't understand is how I was able to install a custom rom in under 10 minutes back in Jun 2013, when I first got this phone. Now after 5 days of trying different things I'm hearing it's literally impossible?

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
thanks

well i didn't realize that there were so many different models or S4

regardless, in that forum it does not appear that they have managed to unlock that bootloader. At all. If you are seeing something different please let me know.

and what I don't understand is how I was able to install a custom rom in under 10 minutes back in Jun 2013, when I first got this phone. Now after 5 days of trying different things I'm hearing it's literally impossible?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2297900

189cutter

Jun 5, 2014
I think i know the problem.. So after u installed root and "got an application attempted to access something unauthorized and has been blocked". U MAY have triggered knox and thats why custom recovery is not working. Also knox will try to stop superuser/superSU from working.

The solution: http://www.droidviews.com/disable-knox-security-service-on-samsung-galaxy-devices/

Use this guide.. There are 2 methods. I am 99.9% sure this will work for you. The target is knox so this guide will tell u how to remove it.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

If the above fails look for a guide on xda how to remove knox or do it yourself by deleting all the files that say knox.

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
I think i know the problem.. So after u installed root and "got an application attempted to access something unauthorized and has been blocked". U MAY have triggered knox and thats why custom recovery is not working. Also knox will try to stop superuser/superSU from working.

The solution: http://www.droidviews.com/disable-knox-security-service-on-samsung-galaxy-devices/

Use this guide.. There are 2 methods. I am 99.9% sure this will work for you. The target is knox so this guide will tell u how to remove it.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

If the above fails look for a guide on xda how to remove knox or do it yourself by deleting all the files that say knox.

So far as I know a custom recovery has nothing to do with Knox. Knox only works inside Android and not before Android is even booted.

For example you don't need to be rooted to have a custom recovery. That are two different things.

189cutter

Jun 5, 2014
Yes but when you root the phone and trigger knox it becomes hard to flash custom recovery because of the saftey feature which obvs is online when the phone boots.

Im custom os and even when i still boot up i have some writing on the left hand side which wasnt there before i rooted. And even though knox is out the system and im not on sam os im still not able to use triangle away for some odd reason

Damani311

Feb 27, 2011
Yes but when you root the phone and trigger knox it becomes hard to flash custom recovery because of the saftey feature which obvs is online when the phone boots.

Im custom os and even when i still boot up i have some writing on the left hand side which wasnt there before i rooted. And even though knox is out the system and im not on sam os im still not able to use triangle away for some odd reason

there is nothing in that other forum that successfully gets around the bootloader being locked, apparently

so this phone is unflashable with a custom rom now, for good?

189cutter

Jun 5, 2014
Im still thinking its knox thats preventing your ability. Try the above method as a last shot to customing
. If fails then im all outta options im sorry

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Please post your installation issue on the Galaxy S4 Help Thread there might be someone better than me to help you there. Also are you sure you're flashing the right files and using the right method? Did you try another USB Cable? Did you try another Odin version? It all can contribute to the fail.

~Lord

its the official samsung cable. and yes i tried others

tried other versions of odin as well

and different versions of both twrp and cwm

its crazy i tells ya xD