FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

Having an impossible time flashing CM11 rom, been at it for hours please HELP

192 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By Damani311, Senior Member on 23rd June 2014, 01:39 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th June 2014, 01:20 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988

So do you have an AT&T phone? If you do, you are in the wrong section of the forum.

sorry this is the only one I saw for SG4

can someone please move this topic?

or help out if anyone knows how. Going on day 4 without this being fixed....
 
 
26th June 2014, 03:48 PM |#22  
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 457
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damani311

sorry this is the only one I saw for SG4

can someone please move this topic?

or help out if anyone knows how. Going on day 4 without this being fixed....

Well thats what you get when you leave essential details behind.

Here is the forum.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-att/general

There are plenty of guides there to unlock your bootloader.
30th June 2014, 02:08 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988

Well thats what you get when you leave essential details behind.

Here is the forum.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-att/general

There are plenty of guides there to unlock your bootloader.

thanks

well i didn't realize that there were so many different models or S4

regardless, in that forum it does not appear that they have managed to unlock that bootloader. At all. If you are seeing something different please let me know.

and what I don't understand is how I was able to install a custom rom in under 10 minutes back in Jun 2013, when I first got this phone. Now after 5 days of trying different things I'm hearing it's literally impossible?
1st July 2014, 11:25 AM |#24  
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 457
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damani311

thanks

well i didn't realize that there were so many different models or S4

regardless, in that forum it does not appear that they have managed to unlock that bootloader. At all. If you are seeing something different please let me know.

and what I don't understand is how I was able to install a custom rom in under 10 minutes back in Jun 2013, when I first got this phone. Now after 5 days of trying different things I'm hearing it's literally impossible?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2297900
1st July 2014, 02:57 PM |#25  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
I think i know the problem.. So after u installed root and "got an application attempted to access something unauthorized and has been blocked". U MAY have triggered knox and thats why custom recovery is not working. Also knox will try to stop superuser/superSU from working.

The solution: http://www.droidviews.com/disable-kn...alaxy-devices/

Use this guide.. There are 2 methods. I am 99.9% sure this will work for you. The target is knox so this guide will tell u how to remove it.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

If the above fails look for a guide on xda how to remove knox or do it yourself by deleting all the files that say knox.
1st July 2014, 03:03 PM |#26  
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 457
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 189cutter

I think i know the problem.. So after u installed root and "got an application attempted to access something unauthorized and has been blocked". U MAY have triggered knox and thats why custom recovery is not working. Also knox will try to stop superuser/superSU from working.

The solution: http://www.droidviews.com/disable-kn...alaxy-devices/

Use this guide.. There are 2 methods. I am 99.9% sure this will work for you. The target is knox so this guide will tell u how to remove it.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

If the above fails look for a guide on xda how to remove knox or do it yourself by deleting all the files that say knox.

So far as I know a custom recovery has nothing to do with Knox. Knox only works inside Android and not before Android is even booted.

For example you don't need to be rooted to have a custom recovery. That are two different things.
1st July 2014, 03:39 PM |#27  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Yes but when you root the phone and trigger knox it becomes hard to flash custom recovery because of the saftey feature which obvs is online when the phone boots.

Im custom os and even when i still boot up i have some writing on the left hand side which wasnt there before i rooted. And even though knox is out the system and im not on sam os im still not able to use triangle away for some odd reason
7th July 2014, 04:39 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 189cutter

Yes but when you root the phone and trigger knox it becomes hard to flash custom recovery because of the saftey feature which obvs is online when the phone boots.

Im custom os and even when i still boot up i have some writing on the left hand side which wasnt there before i rooted. And even though knox is out the system and im not on sam os im still not able to use triangle away for some odd reason

there is nothing in that other forum that successfully gets around the bootloader being locked, apparently

so this phone is unflashable with a custom rom now, for good?
7th July 2014, 04:45 PM |#29  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Im still thinking its knox thats preventing your ability. Try the above method as a last shot to customing
. If fails then im all outta options im sorry
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes