Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,727 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MIUI for Verizon HTC M8??

Tip us?

Turminator8
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] MIUI for Verizon HTC M8??

So a while ago, there was a post talking about whether anyone was interested in MIUI for the HTC One (M8). (this one). I was wondering if anyone has heard any more news on whether MIUI will be coming to this awesome phone any time soon. I can't even imagine the epicness that would come out of it...

robocuff
Old
Thanks Meter 80
That thread is for the M7, not M8. That said, I have no idea if anybody's working on it or not. Haven't heard a thing. Would be nice if we did get it though.

ReyStunner
Old
Thanks Meter 13
What's an MIUI?

1ManWolfePack
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyStunner View Post
What's an MIUI?
It's a horribly buggy stupid ROM, in my opinion.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW
The Following User Says Thank You to 1ManWolfePack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jova33
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ManWolfePack View Post
It's a horribly buggy stupid ROM, in my opinion.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW
A visually appealing Chinese ROM that is pretty awesome when it works.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

andason
Old
(Last edited by andason; 17th May 2014 at 03:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 28
Default Miui Millet

I know most have tried the scaled down miui home launcher, but it seems there is another type called miui millet (miui lite) which is similar to miui home, but also provides the dialer, contacts, sms and of course the desktop and locker.

You can download it here:

http://xitong.xiaomi.com/index

Read more here as well:

http://en.miui.com/thread-18293-1-1.html
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2706384
The Following User Says Thank You to andason For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

1ManWolfePack
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
A visually appealing Chinese ROM that is pretty awesome when it works.

Sent from your mom's smartphone
Keyword: when

The local floozy in my town has less bugs than MIUI.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW
The Following User Says Thank You to 1ManWolfePack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

digitalhigh
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5128

DONATE TO ME
Since I was the primary MIUI maintainer for Sprint Evo 3D and M7 (and have since moved to VZW M8), let me address this somewhat old question.

I will be doing a port to VZW just as soon as Xiaomi releases an international M8 ROM. I've been watching their release news somewhat regularly, but haven't seen anything just yet. In fact, I stumbled across this thread searching for possible other releases. Either way, I've got lots of practice porting to VZW M8 from Intl. version via my GPE port, so it's literally just a matter of waiting on Xiaomi.

As far as the comment about MIUI having a large number of bugs...not sure where you're getting your info from, but that's dead wrong. IMHO, MIUI is by far the best ROM I've every used.

Like what I do? Maybe you'll like my band too. I sing.

http://www.facebook.com/Corruptable
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to digitalhigh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SantinoInc
Old
Thanks Meter 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalhigh View Post
Since I was the primary MIUI maintainer for Sprint Evo 3D and M7 (and have since moved to VZW M8), let me address this somewhat old question.

I will be doing a port to VZW just as soon as Xiaomi releases an international M8 ROM. I've been watching their release news somewhat regularly, but haven't seen anything just yet. In fact, I stumbled across this thread searching for possible other releases. Either way, I've got lots of practice porting to VZW M8 from Intl. version via my GPE port, so it's literally just a matter of waiting on Xiaomi.

As far as the comment about MIUI having a large number of bugs...not sure where you're getting your info from, but that's dead wrong. IMHO, MIUI is by far the best ROM I've every used.
Im on the Sprint M8. Can't wait for DH to work his magic!
Free 15GB storage plus an additional 5GB for using my referral link. You can also get an additional 5GB for every person you get to join! Of course it has a Android app with features such as automatically syncing any photos/videos you have recently taken when you are on WiFi. Give it a shot!
https://copy.com?r=yxvvP2

Tags
miui, new rom