Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,776 Members 41,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

App to turn off screen WITHOUT locking?

Tip us?

in_dmand
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default App to turn off screen WITHOUT locking?

I have looked all over and can't find anything on this... I simply want the app/widget to turn the screen off the way the power button would and let the system defaults take over from there as far as locking.

trickster2369
Old
Thanks Meter 758

DONATE TO ME
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...insoft.scrnoff

Thanks Devs, from my LG G2

in_dmand
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickster2369 View Post
Thanks a ton! man... i seriously tried like 15 of these kind of apps and this is the only one that worked. I had not tried it before due to the chinese writing in it and thinking it would be that good. It works great though... doesn't lock the screen!

Mazgula
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_dmand View Post
Thanks a ton! man... i seriously tried like 15 of these kind of apps and this is the only one that worked. I had not tried it before due to the chinese writing in it and thinking it would be that good. It works great though... doesn't lock the screen!
I'm curious... With the knock-knock feature, why do you need this? If you're at your homescreen to press a widget, presumably you can knock-knock to turn the screen off too? Actually I think knock knock on the status bar anywhere and the screen turns off...

Is it because your knock-knock locks the screen? Because that can be disabled as well.
Now:
Verizon LG G2 "Optimus 2" (Rooted, CloudyG3 1.2, 4.4.2)
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab (Rooted, CM9.1, 4.0.4)
Then:
Verizon Galaxy S4
LG Vortex

trickster2369
Old
Thanks Meter 758

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazgula View Post
I'm curious... With the knock-knock feature, why do you need this? If you're at your homescreen to press a widget, presumably you can knock-knock to turn the screen off too? Actually I think knock knock on the status bar anywhere and the screen turns off...

Is it because your knock-knock locks the screen? Because that can be disabled as well.
When using a different launcher such as Nova, or to place it in a widget.

Thanks Devs, from my LG G2

hookinafish
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I use nova gestures to set double tap and link to the app you just downloaded to turn screen off. I believe nova prime is required for this to work but don't quote me on that.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

umar_akhtar786
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I'm trying to achieve the same thing using nova but the app you've suggested seems to automatically lock my phone too!!

I just want to do as the op said, turn off the screen without affecting the lock settings or locking the phone there and then.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or alternatives?

Maybe the app has changed since this thread was started?

Haxcid
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by umar_akhtar786 View Post
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I'm trying to achieve the same thing using nova but the app you've suggested seems to automatically lock my phone too!!

I just want to do as the op said, turn off the screen without affecting the lock settings or locking the phone there and then.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or alternatives?

Maybe the app has changed since this thread was started?
Why not just turn off the lock part of the lock screen.

The above are general comments and statements and are not of any value to the discussion at hand. The author takes no liability for any of it be it true or pure fiction.

VZW LG G2
Stock ROM 12b
Paid Subsidized price and kept unlimited data...

umar_akhtar786
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxcid View Post
Why not just turn off the lock part of the lock screen.

Main reason being that i still want to keep the lock code... i just dont want to have to keep inputting it everytime i need my phone. Often, i'm having a convo and will be answering messages and will literally pick up/put down my phone 5 times a minute so i'd like to employ the time system default lock delay.

Any other ideas? :