Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

WIP HTC BlinkFeed from Sense 6 port

OP barleysoda

17th April 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cali
Thanks Meter: 202

509 posts
More
GakuGaku has ported blinkfeed from sense 6 over to work on various phones running 4.4. I originally came across this from an article that stated this port works on the Nexus 5. I have tested it and found that it also works on the Sprint LG G2. They are up to version 9 which comes with different theme colors. This is WIP and there are bugs. For instance Facebook isn't working with this blinkfeed port as of yet. Also since there are portions of sense 6 with this port to make the blinkfeed work, there are "grid" issues and therefore a lot of widgets don't work on other screens. Once installed you will have kind of a hybrid between sense 6 and LG Home. The softkey menu, the app drawer and windows are all sense 6 but your Lg Home notification area is still there and the main settings menu is still LG home. You can also turn off blinkfeed/sense 6 by going into settings and changing your launcher back to LG home.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2696399
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735764

Screenshot of my G2 running Blinkfeed.
Last edited by barleysoda; 7th May 2014 at 09:27 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barleysoda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
As far as I know HTC will release blinkfeed on the play store so I suggest people to wait

Sent from my G510 running CM 11
17th April 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #3  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barleysoda

GakuGaku has ported blinkfeed from sense 6 over to work on various phones running 4.4. I originally came across this from an article that stated this port works on the Nexus 5. I have tested it and found that it also works on the Sprint LG G2. They are up to version 9 which comes with different theme colors. This is WIP and there are bugs. For instance Facebook isn't working with this blinkfeed port as of yet. Also since there are portions of sense 6 with this port to make the blinkfeed work, there are "grid" issues and therefore a lot of widgets don't work on other screens. Once installed you will have kind of a hybrid between sense 6 and LG Home. The softkey menu, the app drawer and windows are all sense 6 but your Lg Home notification area is still there and the main settings menu is still LG home. You can also turn off blinkfeed/sense 6 by going into settings and changing your launcher back to LG home.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2696399
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1085

Screenshot of my G2 running Blinkfeed.

thanks for the heads up!! Works great! No sense (harhar) in waiting, the process is super easy.
18th April 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cali
Thanks Meter: 202

509 posts
More
I found a work around for the grid issue. If your running xposed then download and install the "App Setting" module. This will allow you to change your DPI per app. Once installed, open up HTC Blinkfeed in the app list in the App Setting module. Change your DPI from 0 to 380.

Now set up all your favorite screens and widgets. Don't worry about everything look out of place and not centered. Don't worry about re-sizing widgets either at this point. Just get them on the screens where you want them.

Now go back into the app setting module and edit the HTC Blinkfeed DPI to 480. Now everything should look a lot better. For whatever reason we cannot add a lot of the widgets in the 480 dpi setting even though that's what fits best and is centered. However if you add them in another DPI then they will stay there when you change back to 480.
25th April 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 285

410 posts
Donate to Me
More
so this only works by flashing through custom recovery right?

I factory reset and not ready to root yet.
5th July 2014, 07:21 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 109

968 posts
Cool! How do i get the weather at the top. Mine just has the highlights tab and the 2 setup tabs then my feed below that, no time and weather though

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app
6th July 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #7  

968 posts
My weather just started showing up. Cool! Cant wait for facebook and instagram. Twitter crashes on mine everytime i try to add it. I have to do some research on it.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Weather stuck in celcius, when i try to open weather to edit it just force closes

Last edited by sand1303; 6th July 2014 at 01:14 AM.
7th July 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #8  

968 posts
Found the weather settings even though it wont let me open weather full screen which is still being worked on. As far as i have read facebook and instagram is still a no go. Is there a fix for the twitter force close everytime u try and add it?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread