Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 36,911 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom kernal that has knox disabled and SELinux in permissive mode?

Tip us?

Kaczman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default [Q] Custom kernal that has knox disabled and SELinux in permissive mode?

Hi all, is there a custom kernel that has Knox disabled and SELinux in permissive mode by default? I cant seem to find one, and I need it to use my S5 with AppRadio2.

tp2215
Old
Thanks Meter 2,786

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaczman View Post
Hi all, is there a custom kernel that has Knox disabled and SELinux in permissive mode by default? I cant seem to find one, and I need it to use my S5 with AppRadio2.
No kernel can fully disable knox. In the S5 it is a hardware function that is built in. As of this time there is no way to root or modify the system without tripping knox. All the custom roms do have knox fully disabled in the system and removed though.
My Current Projects::

<------ If you like my work please hit thanks or donate!
My Devices::
Samsung Galaxy S5 -
Samsung Galaxy S3 - B&N Nook Color (Modified)
My Threads::
The Ultimate Android Ported Apps Directory!
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Tips And Tricks Thread

Kaczman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215 View Post
No kernel can fully disable knox. In the S5 it is a hardware function that is built in. As of this time there is no way to root or modify the system without tripping knox. All the custom roms do have knox fully disabled in the system and removed though.

I am using Project Infinity and it appears that even with Wanam Xposed, i still cant disable SEAndroid or disable knox notifications, even when enabled. Specifically I'm trying to allow the device to send bluetooth commands to my appradio.

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 861
Quote:
I am using Project Infinity and it appears that even with Wanam Xposed, i still cant disable SEAndroid or disable knox notifications, even when enabled. Specifically I'm trying to allow the device to send bluetooth commands to my appradio.
The superSU app should automatically disable knox when you launch it. (you have to click the yes button)

Kaczman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
The superSU app should automatically disable knox when you launch it. (you have to click the yes button)
Is there any way to verify knox is disabled, or that SEAndroid is set to permissive?

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 861
Quote:
Is there any way to verify knox is disabled, or that SEAndroid is set to permissive?
Well if you aren't getting "your device is modified" pop ups, then it's disabled.

Kaczman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
Well if you aren't getting "your device is modified" pop ups, then it's disabled.
...Anyhow, I flashed the AEL kernal with SELinux set to permissive, and everything works great now.

koby4u
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
...Anyhow, I flashed the AEL kernal with SELinux set to permissive, and everything works great now.

PLEASE DONT SHOOT THE NOOBIE!

Can someone please help me to install AEL Kernal? So I can set SELinux to permissive and get my Samsung s5 and arliberator and appradio 2 working together with touch screen capabilities.

WILLING TO DONATE $ for anyone that can get this working for me.
Am using a S5 SM-G900F