Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Smartwatch recomendations

OP riahim

10th June 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #11  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 33

271 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarlSX

@riahim i currently have the Sony SW2 and the Elegance U8 watch

the U8 sucks, imnsho

also backed the Kreyos Meteor on IGG and the HOT Watch on kickstarter

will be checking out the Moto 360 for sure, if the price is right
might be checking out the smartq z2/p1 as well

JarlSX - not backing the InWatch Z and getting it early as promised by the CEO Sam?
10th June 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #12  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
Donate to Me
More
inWatch Z... On the Way :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple1i

JarlSX - not backing the InWatch Z and getting it early as promised by the CEO Sam?

Hey all, Rodney Just here (Director of Sales and Marketing for inWatch Z). I have just sent an email to JarlSX, and we will be getting a Z to em VERY SOON in the meantime, I am happy to speak to what Z does and does not do! I am the one who has made ALL of the Videos you see with Z on the Indiegogo Campaign (http://bit.ly/inWatch), so I have had a lot of Hands on with the Phone/Watch. Let me know any questions you might have, OR if there is anything you would like to see Z do, and I am happy to show it on the campaign. Talk soon, cheers. -R
11th June 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #13  
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 74

497 posts
More
haven't seen your email yet, Rodney

@simple1i i'm willing to help with development/ideas, but with past experience (and still ongoing) with crowdfunding projects like the Kreyos Meteor and the HOT Watch, i'm not willing to bet 250$ on yet another watch
11th June 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 46

215 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by riahim

So you have both the zwatch and sw2 and you prefer the sw2 over the zwatch? What makes the sw2 better, in your opinion? What version of the sw2 do you have?

I think there are only one version of the Sony Smartwatch 2 (SW2) just different wrist band.

There are many many thing that make the SW2 better.

- Always ON

With same usage I can use the ZWatch maybe 18H hours before end of batt, each time you light up it decrease batt life quickly. SW2 can works 3 days with 18 at 20H by day, otherwise on ligh use it works 4 at 5 days.

SW2 perfect phone compagnion, many app sync phone data. Perfect notification mail, sms, hangout, skype...... perfect control of phone, beautiful notification, dialing, answer call.....

Made your own watchface in less 1min, and very amazing watchface : (I change watchface almost every day)
Some :

11th June 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #15  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
Donate to Me
More
My Bad, I didn't send you an email :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarlSX

haven't seen your email yet, Rodney

@simple1i i'm willing to help with development/ideas, but with past experience (and still ongoing) with crowdfunding projects like the Kreyos Meteor and the HOT Watch, i'm not willing to bet 250$ on yet another watch

My Bad, I was emailing Idris, who had suggested Sam and you had spoken before. I will pm you now, and exchange emails -R
11th June 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #16  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

75 posts
@dersie Thank you for that and thanks for the pics.
7th July 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #17  
OP Member

75 posts
Ok, so I was going to wait for the z2 or moto 360 but now I think I'm just going to go ahead and a "cheap" smartwatch to see if it fits my life. I've heard great things about the smartq z watch. Should I just go for this one or the u8, u8 pro, sony smartwatch, or what do other people recommend. I'd like to keep the cost to under $150 just to see if I even need a smartwatch.
7th July 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #18  
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 74

497 posts
More
well, i wouldn't pick the U8. or the U8 pro for that matter. simply because the lack of support/development (or any of those cheap things, you get what you pay for)

i'm pretty happy with my Smartwatch 2, though i might be getting a G Watch or Moto 360 (depends on the price)

the smartq z might be a good choice as well, but you might want to wait a bit longer for the z2/p1 (anyone know when it will finally be available?)
7th July 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #19  
OP Member

75 posts
Yeah, I was going to wait for the z2/p1 to show up but it keeps getting pushed back. It isn't even listed anymore on the iprotablet site anymore... Like JarlSX said, if anyone has any news on this watch please post it here.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread