Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,259 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Huawei Ascend G630 Root & Roms

Tip us?

JMailuhu
Old
(Last edited by JMailuhu; 26th June 2014 at 04:49 AM.) Reason: Phone has been rooted with vroot
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default [Q] Huawei Ascend G630 Root & Roms

Hi i've searched this board and i cannot find anything related to the Huawei Ascend G630.

Are there any methods to root and/or put a custom rom on it? The onder huawei phones used BootLoader unlock code.
Perhaps this method and/or other huawei roms (P6, G6, G610 etc..) would work on G630?

There is not many information regarding rooting or flashing this phone on the internet, so if someone has suggestions im all ears!

June 15th, 2014; Phone has been rooted successfully with vROOT.

-------------------
Quick specs
-------------------

*5" IPS 720p LCD Screen (HD 720x1280) ~294 ppi.
*1,2Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon (Quadcore).
*Adreno 305 GPU.
*1024mb DDR Ram.
*4Gb Rom (2Gb user available) + 32Gb SD-Card (Class 10)
*8mp HD Camera (1920x1080), 2mp Front Camera (800x600).
*WiFi b/g/n, aGPS, BT4.0, NFC chip and a 2000 mAh battery (non removable).
*Android 4.3.3 & Huawei EmotionUI 2.0

JMailuhu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Bump!

anyone?

defiancenl
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMailuhu View Post
Hi i've searched this board and i cannot find anything related to the Huawei Ascend G630.

Are there any methods to root and/or put a custom rom on it? The onder huawei phones used BootLoader unlock code.
Perhaps this method and/or other huawei roms (P6, G6, G610 etc..) would work on G630?

There is not many information regarding rooting or flashing this phone on the internet, so if someone has suggestions im all ears!

-------------------
Quick specs
-------------------

*5" IPS 720p LCD Screen (HD 720x1280) ~297 ppi.
*1,2GHZ Qualcomm Snapdragon (Quadcore).
*1024MB DDR Ram.
*8MP HD Camera, 2MP Front Camera.
*WiFi, GPS, NFC chip and a 2000 mAh battery.
Hey, fellow dutchman, in the spirit of the Dutch team pwning the #WC2014, here's a free rooting tip for you!
I found a way to root this phone!

Try Towelroot!!!! (it works ) (google it)

HUP HOLLAND !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to defiancenl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JMailuhu
Old
(Last edited by JMailuhu; 26th June 2014 at 05:25 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiancenl View Post
Hey, fellow dutchman, in the spirit of the Dutch team pwning the #WC2014, here's a free rooting tip for you!
I found a way to root this phone!

Try Towelroot!!!! (it works ) (google it)

HUP HOLLAND !
Haha! Thank you for your information but i have already root my phone a few weeks back with vRoot. (Sorry for giving miss information due to lack of editing post and removing "root" from thread header, not sure if i'm even able to moderate that)
I had no clue if it would've worked out since very little to no "after-market" information is available for this phone, but it worked flawlessly on own risk.

Huawei doesn't have G630 support for it's bootloader unlocking service, and that's where the basics flashing starts, unlocking with the dc-tool didn't work as well.
Guess i'll have to wait for a developer who owns this phone, to port TPRM / CWM Recovery and (other) Huawei Roms, or build one specifically for this phone. (If one wants to put time and efforts in it that is), and find a way unlock the bootloader.

No success on MoDaCo, XDA, AndroidForums, NeedRom.com etc, for anything related to G630.

Apparently this phone isn't as populair as the P6, G6, G510, G610 were, but i'll wait, i just can't stand Huawei's bloatware and limited customization options implented in their android builds.

vhristenco
Old
Thanks Meter 0
FYI: Seems that the Themes app doesn't work any more after applying root, so you'll stick with the installed theme/unlocker.

mygbrno
Old
Thanks Meter 0
after receiving the code from Huawei I unlocked the bootloader and root performed using the "root genius," everything OK
Tags
huawei ascend g630, huawei ascend g630-u20, huawei g630