Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,298 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone starts lagging, hanging, does not stop.

Tip us?

sovauthority
Old
(Last edited by sovauthority; 15th May 2014 at 03:31 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Phone starts lagging, hanging, does not stop.

My VS980 for the third time now randomly started lagging and hanging. By that I mean the main watch on accuweather hangs, sending text messages and downloading hangs, and just switching through home screens and app list the screen freezes and then unfreezes. Apps barely boot and social, calendar widgets do not update, and typing freezes after every word for about 3 seconds. Restart and safe mode do not fix this problem. The previous 2 times I did a hard reset but it seems to only fix the issue for about 5-7 days, but those are annoying, so is there any other solutions or anyone aware of this such type problem?

madasalizard
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Is there some certain program you keep re-installing that could be causing issues? Have you tried any custom roms?

Sfkn2
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by madasalizard View Post
Is there some certain program you keep re-installing that could be causing issues? Have you tried any custom roms?
Definitely sounds like a rogue program running in the background. My advice is for you to do a hard reset, then install apps one at a time (run it, of course), and find out which program is causing an issue. An alternative is that you google each app to see if others using the same apps have issues.

sovauthority
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I got this phone recently from insurance, could it be something in Kernel issue or something else? I did another hard reset, I'll look out for any apps, but it happened randomly without any downloads or installs. I have no custom roms, and I only have news apps and 3 games from EA.

Question - Could this possibly be spawned by originally having rooting problems? The phone was sort of frozen on my first root attempt for some unknown reasons, the command box suddenly froze and the android icon was frozen, I had to restart my phone and attempt root again even though the previous root attempt started and was cut off, and the first time the lag issue happened was the next day. Do you think I should try un-rooting and re-rooting my phone? Or is that irrelevant.

keichler
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Past oomberr

Are you running any custom roms, kernel, mods? Recovery installed?

12gone1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Possibly a modem problem

I had this problem on my G2, and changing my modem seemed to fix it. I was using EUR KK modem even though I'm in the Middle East. Try changing to your region specific modem and then it can fix it, a dalvik/normal cache wipe can help. If all fails then try wiping, or switching roms.