Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,183 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

is there a list of keyboard shortcuts? for the tf701 and is there app to controlt spe

Tip us?

wakkaday
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default is there a list of keyboard shortcuts? for the tf701 and is there app to controlt spe

i have just ordered the keyboard and have it connected
it seems to be working fine, what are the common issues? so i can check

how long should i charge it for? do i get 2 percentages one for the screen and one for keyboard

is there a list of android asus shortcuts i can use on the keyboard?

and is there an app or setting to configure the keyboard trackpad? what is the right click on the keyboard i.e. to bring up a menu

please advise

thank you

Sent from my K00C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Short Viking
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Hello there!

I've only had this tablet for a month, so I am not the most experience with it yet but here we go.
There is a couple of threads already on this forum where you can discuss common issues that you can check out.

About the battery and charging - i have heard that asus reccomends not keeping the tablet/dock plugged in to power all the time, I usualy charge it during the night when I am asleep, for me it easily lasts all day even without any battery saving options on but that may vary on usage

When you have the dock plugged in, you can see its state and battery percentage in the notification tray. For percentage of the internal tablet battery - you can go to settings: under battery there is an option on the top to enable battery percentages (taking you are on the latest stock update 4.3)

You can find settings for the trackpad such as speed, pointer type and button config under "Settings > Language&Input" on the botton theres a Trackpad section

I can not give you a huge list of keyboard shortcuts, but here are the ones I have found and use:
Alt+Tab works as you would expect - a fast application switcher (i use this a whole lot)
Fn+Arrow Keys - Page Up/Down and Home/End (also very useful)
As or the menu key you asked about, it is the hamburger-looking key on the right-hand side of the spacebar between Alt and Ctrl (might depend on the local keyboard layout?)
The shortcut row on the top row of the keyboard I think is pretty self-explaining

I'm not the best explainer, but I hope this was somewhat helpful K'bye

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
Be cheerful while you are alive. <3

andrewnelson23
Old
Thanks Meter 161
You can also set your own apps to launch by key command. For instance you can launch any app or activity by holding search and pressing any other button. To assign the app you must open the quick launch activity. Find an activity launcher. Go to system settings activities and it should list two quick launch activities. Choose the first one. I recommend setting up a shortcut directly to the shortcut maker. Then you can make whatever shortcuts you want for the dock.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrewnelson23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]