Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,700 Members 42,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][4.4.2-Touchscreen-Issue-Fix]

Tip us?
 
Sess
Old
#11  
Sess's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 252
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Metairie LA
Shaky, as i said, not directed at you. I'm just frustrated. I'm directing them directly at the forum where other people who had my frustration may have found a solution. I mean, its a forum right? Your fix unfortunately has not helped in my case, perhaps I have bad hardware. Having unlocked to try your fix im sure nvidia and evga are likely out of the question, but I'm resigned to just using this as a 7" e reader.



Thanks for replying back to the thread anyway.
-Sess-
"...You might as well paint yourself yellow, run around like a maniac and call yourself banana man, banana man, cause thats what you're doing..."
 
mr_dinosaur
Old
#12  
mr_dinosaur's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 91
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Singapore
Default Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by akii rock View Post
Post your feedbacks guys ! Does this works 100% if we are in plam rejection mode and we slide our finger from left or right side of the screen does it reads it as stylus ?
I've had a couple of days or so to test this now. First off, this mod doesn't seem to be a 100% fix yet. But, I have to say that the responsiveness of the touchscreen is improved when it DOES work.

The problem that still occurs the touchscreen becomes unresponsive for some seconds still, particularly if I come from a resource taxing app (e.g. a game or something), I close the screen and open it again. The screen becomes unresponsive when I key in the PIN, for example, I'd key '1', it won't respond, so I'd key '1' again, still nothing so I repeat then finally the touchscreen responds by keying in a million '1's' lol. So usually, I have to type my PIN really slowly to give the touchscreen time to detect my presses. Usually, I'd have to reboot to get proper touchscreen responsiveness.

I still have a problem with the stylus where it becomes unresponsive with the stylus only or palm rejection mode on. If I have my palm pressed somewhere across the edge, sometimes, the stylus stops writing.

With that said, there has been improvements in responsiveness with this mod but that's when it DOES work. Meaning, flinging between screens, touch typing, and the stylus all works better when it works. Does that make sense? LOL.

I really hope NVidia and EVGA get's on this soon.
Phone : HTC Magic (PVT 32A)
Recovery : ClockworkMod Recovery 1.8.1.1
ROM : CyanogenMod v5.0.7 (bcrook's EBI1 port)
SPL : 1.33.2010
Radio : 3.22.23.18
 
Shaky156
Old
#13  
Shaky156's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1921
Posts: 888
Join Date: Aug 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_dinosaur View Post
I've had a couple of days or so to test this now. First off, this mod doesn't seem to be a 100% fix yet. But, I have to say that the responsiveness of the touchscreen is improved when it DOES work.

The problem that still occurs the touchscreen becomes unresponsive for some seconds still, particularly if I come from a resource taxing app (e.g. a game or something), I close the screen and open it again. The screen becomes unresponsive when I key in the PIN, for example, I'd key '1', it won't respond, so I'd key '1' again, still nothing so I repeat then finally the touchscreen responds by keying in a million '1's' lol. So usually, I have to type my PIN really slowly to give the touchscreen time to detect my presses. Usually, I'd have to reboot to get proper touchscreen responsiveness.

I still have a problem with the stylus where it becomes unresponsive with the stylus only or palm rejection mode on. If I have my palm pressed somewhere across the edge, sometimes, the stylus stops writing.

With that said, there has been improvements in responsiveness with this mod but that's when it DOES work. Meaning, flinging between screens, touch typing, and the stylus all works better when it works. Does that make sense? LOL.

I really hope NVidia and EVGA get's on this soon.
Thanks for the feedback, can you provide a log whenever that happens? enable usb debugging and in terminal (cmd) "adb shell logcat > logcat.txt" without the quotes. I think I know why it doesnt work 100%, but require logs to confirm.
 
Shaky156
Old
#14  
Shaky156's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1921
Posts: 888
Join Date: Aug 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Btw you guys are aware, settings -> directstylus -> set timer to activate finger touch after pen use -> disable touch only during pen use or select 3 seconds

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Shaky156 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
akii rock
Old
#15  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 37
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky156 View Post
Btw you guys are aware, settings -> directstylus -> set timer to activate finger touch after pen use -> disable touch only during pen use or select 3 seconds

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
If i choose this one then what gonna happen it will fix sumthing plz explain nd i have chosen 2nd option Disable touch only during pen use..! Explain what will it fix ? O.o if i choose to 3 sec !
 
mr_dinosaur
Old
#16  
mr_dinosaur's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 91
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Singapore
Default Sorry, been busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky156 View Post
Thanks for the feedback, can you provide a log whenever that happens? enable usb debugging and in terminal (cmd) "adb shell logcat > logcat.txt" without the quotes. I think I know why it doesnt work 100%, but require logs to confirm.
Hey, I haven't had time yet. I've been spending too much time away from home these days with work and all so when problem happens, I am without the ability to get a logcat file. I'll get you a log as soon as time permits.

BTW, just two days ago, I had a related problem occur and instead of rebooting what I did was just play around with the device so I can give you a better description of what happens. I say "related" because I think last time I described what seemed like lag after touch presses and problems with the palm rejection.

Scenario:
1. I was plugged in charging.
2. Unfortunately, I cannot recall what I was doing or what app I ran before the touch screen problem occurred.
3. I brought up the App drawer and when I tried to swipe left to get to the next screen of apps, it automatically just swiped back to the previous screen.
4. I managed to open Google Now where my keyboard popped up automatically, characters started popping up on the text box as if my keys were being pressed.
5. I rebooted and didn't bother to wait to see if the problem would fix itself.
6. Things that might be important: I use Nova Launcher Prime and Swift Key.

Like I said, if I can somehow get lucky to have the problem happen just when I am at a PC, I'll send the logcat file ASAP.

Thanks for the effort, Shaky.
Phone : HTC Magic (PVT 32A)
Recovery : ClockworkMod Recovery 1.8.1.1
ROM : CyanogenMod v5.0.7 (bcrook's EBI1 port)
SPL : 1.33.2010
Radio : 3.22.23.18
 
Shaky156
Old
#17  
Shaky156's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1921
Posts: 888
Join Date: Aug 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_dinosaur View Post
Hey, I haven't had time yet. I've been spending too much time away from home these days with work and all so when problem happens, I am without the ability to get a logcat file. I'll get you a log as soon as time permits.

BTW, just two days ago, I had a related problem occur and instead of rebooting what I did was just play around with the device so I can give you a better description of what happens. I say "related" because I think last time I described what seemed like lag after touch presses and problems with the palm rejection.

Scenario:
1. I was plugged in charging.
2. Unfortunately, I cannot recall what I was doing or what app I ran before the touch screen problem occurred.
3. I brought up the App drawer and when I tried to swipe left to get to the next screen of apps, it automatically just swiped back to the previous screen.
4. I managed to open Google Now where my keyboard popped up automatically, characters started popping up on the text box as if my keys were being pressed.
5. I rebooted and didn't bother to wait to see if the problem would fix itself.
6. Things that might be important: I use Nova Launcher Prime and Swift Key.

Like I said, if I can somehow get lucky to have the problem happen just when I am at a PC, I'll send the logcat file ASAP.

Thanks for the effort, Shaky.
Thanks if I can get a log I can check it out, I think it will be fixed when I release something else, have been very busy so a lot of delays...

Sneak peak...

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1403782131029.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	2818377
 
salfai
Old
#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky156 View Post
Thanks if I can get a log I can check it out, I think it will be fixed when I release something else, have been very busy so a lot of delays...

Sneak peak...

Attachment 2818377


Amazing
 
rchrdcrg
Old
#19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 130
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Branson, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky156 View Post
Thanks if I can get a log I can check it out, I think it will be fixed when I release something else, have been very busy so a lot of delays...

Sneak peak...

Attachment 2818377
(in the voice of Kyle's mom) Wha-wha-what?! Someone is doing a custom ROM for this thing?

It's about time, I can't wait! The only thing that has irritated me about this tablet is that there is almost no development interest in it, which is weird since it's both unlocked and inexpensive. Huge thanks, and I can't wait to see the TN7's first custom rom!
 
Shaky156
Old
#20  
Shaky156's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1921
Posts: 888
Join Date: Aug 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by salfai View Post
Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrdcrg View Post
(in the voice of Kyle's mom) Wha-wha-what?! Someone is doing a custom ROM for this thing?

It's about time, I can't wait! The only thing that has irritated me about this tablet is that there is almost no development interest in it, which is weird since it's both unlocked and inexpensive. Huge thanks, and I can't wait to see the TN7's first custom rom!
Current status is posted here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53919536

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes