Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 48,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AT&T SM-P907a Root?.

Tip us?

xigam
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've had a couple of reboots.. what is weird is that it flashes to the at&t logo the my lockscreen. When I unlock it its like it rebooted but it happens so fast.. I am not sure if its a system reboot or just the user session crashing...

xigam
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by phirestalker View Post
during one of the reboots I've been having it actually showed custom aND a lock that is unlocked. now when I reboot it doesn't say that anymore. root checker shows that it is properly rooted so I'm not sure that there's a problem.has anyone else noticed this?
When I reboot now I see this custom android and unlocked logo at the bottom of the screen. What I am unsure of is if it had this before I rooted.

If someone who based rooted their 907a reads this please check if you get this on a bootscreen during a restart.

bloodylipp
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I would like to hear from a couple people how their tabs are doing after root. I'm thinking about doing it.
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 (at&t) Stock, for now
Asus tf700 4.4 cm11
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - CM10 10.1 (JB 4.2)
Phone - LG Flex (at&t)

Population96
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My AT&T Note Pro 12.2 keeps rebooting. My WiFi only 12.2 restarts when attempting towel root and never patches the necessary files. My AT&T Note 3 was flawless though. 1 out of 3 ain't bad I guess. Really just want the ad block ability. Is there an unroot so I can get my tablet to stay on more than an hour?

xigam
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Me and my friend both got the att 12.2.

After rooting I've had reboot issues while he hasn't. So I've been slowly uninstalling programs that I use and he doesn't. Thinking it might be one program or another or a combo of programs. First I uninstalled Greenify to no effect. Next I switched back to the Samsung launcher from Nova Launcher Pro. So far its been two days without a reboot since switching back to the touchwiz launcher.

I ran Nova launcher fine before root.. And my friend with the exact tablet rooted the same way has had no issues..

Are you running a launcher different than Samsungs?

Ill report back.. but so far so good.

Population96
Old
Thanks Meter 0
That's a very good point. I'm using the stock launcher still but I do have a ton of apps. I'll have to try deleting some see if that has any affect.

phirestalker
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Ok, some added details on my "rebooting" although it doesn't show the samsung logo, so I don't think it is a full reboot.

I have noticed that the only time it happens is when I lock the screen or when it locks itself. Sometimes it has been locked for a while and it will randomly do it. I don't believe it has ever happened while I was using it. Oh, and a few times it happened while unlocking the screen. So it all seems to be related to the lock screen. I don't have any apps that add functionality to the lock screen. I have a pattern unlock and Smart Stay enabled (although this never worked for me, maybe my face is too weird to be detected? Lol). I am going through the process of turning off things to see what might be causing the problem. The first thing I disabled was the LastPass accessibility extension. I will give it a day or 2 but I have been playing around with locking and unlocking with various apps open as i write this and I haven't had a "reboot" yet.

I noticed that another poster had trouble with a different app and like him this trouble started after I rooted it. The LastPass accessibility extension worked fine before rooting. I will tell you what this extension does and maybe it will help us narrow down what area of the system has been changed to be incompatible with certain software.

The extension "watches" for password entries on apps and webforms and offers to autofill with saved passwords.

Sorry for the long post, hope it is helpful to someone.

muzzy996
Old
Thanks Meter 144
I've been running Lastpass for months on my Wifi model so I doubt it is the cause. Good idea to systematically disable things though. I have problems since enabling a custom keyboard though. Perhaps try disabling all other input methods other than stock?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

phirestalker
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy996 View Post
I've been running Lastpass for months on my Wifi model so I doubt it is the cause. Good idea to systematically disable things though. I have problems since enabling a custom keyboard though. Perhaps try disabling all other input methods other than stock?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
You're right, after a while it started doing it again. I guess it didn't happen as often as I thought. I really hope someone comes along who knows how to diagnose crashes to find out what is causing them.

gubbilo144
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I've been getting reboots also every once in awhile on my sm-p907a it reboots.I also tried safe strap recovery for the at&t samsung galaxy note 3 version 3.75.It seems to be working I did a nanoid backup and it successfully worked but took awhile. I didn't do a restore because I don't want to mess anything up until there's a stock Odin firmware download to restore if something goes wrong.The dpi is of but u can c almost the whole recovery screen if anyone wants to play around with it