Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 40,663 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Domestic UNLOCK achieved without sprint

Tip us?

ecs87
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Soft brick or hard brick? If so, have you checked out the latest in the N900T thread? I think Frank tested it out on 4.4.2.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app
If I or others have helped you out, don't forget to hit the Thanks button for us!

tpnk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default good news

any good news guys?

ecs87
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Tried my theory on a S5. Apparently you cannot copy the EFS data from one phone to another phone despite them being the exact same model (it corrupts). I'm going to try it on a Note 3 when one comes through.

If I or others have helped you out, don't forget to hit the Thanks button for us!

MBFX
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Probably a fake? I just hope it wasn't.

frasslee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
It didn't corrupt my efs.As soon as I clicked restore it fixed my signal issues and returned the original imei to my phone.One thing I do know is that if you try any other phone it will definitely corrupt it or even hard brick your phone.I still haven't fixed my phone yet so I'm going to buy a t-mobile n3

ecs87
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by frasslee View Post
It didn't corrupt my efs.As soon as I clicked restore it fixed my signal issues and returned the original imei to my phone.One thing I do know is that if you try any other phone it will definitely corrupt it or even hard brick your phone.I still haven't fixed my phone yet so I'm going to buy a t-mobile n3
There's no possible way a EFS clear/transfer will brick a phone (unless you inject the data into the wrong partitions...at which point one discovers that they need to step away from the phone and computer...). You might soft brick. I've experienced this. But sending a zeroed out copy of nvrebuild1.bin and nvrebuild2.bin via Odin will get the device working.

frasslee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I realized something after checking efs pro last night.Seems like I restored my GS4's efs and that bricked my phone.I have backups from 5 different phones and I must've selected the wrong one and it hard bricked my phone.My PC won't even detect it.Seems like it's a paperweight.I tried an unbrick img from my wife's working N3 and that didn't even work

Mrhunter13
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 118

DONATE TO ME
has anybody else try his method