[Q] Loading ROM for use with T-Mobile?

Search This thread

grandpa_faust

Jun 19, 2014
Can you get into recovery? Power vol- button combo? If so just flash correct kernel version n good to go.

I can't! That's where I'm trying to get to, my TWRP has disappeared. I think that when I did the KDZ flash that it wiped it out. I can do a factory reset, but that doesn't help me at all. I have been looking for a way to install TWRP via USB but no luck so far, can't connect to wifi and the phone power cycles after 1-5 minutes.

mesiorni

May 25, 2014
So what do you have other than bootloop? Download mode or anything?

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

I can't! That's where I'm trying to get to, my TWRP has disappeared. I think that when I did the KDZ flash that it wiped it out. I can do a factory reset, but that doesn't help me at all. I have been looking for a way to install TWRP via USB but no luck so far, can't connect to wifi and the phone power cycles after 1-5 minutes.

If you have download mode, the only option is KDZ or TOT method. Confirm your downloads for those files, type and md5. Make sure computer is recognizing it on port 41 I think it is.

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

If you have download mode, the only option is KDZ or TOT method. Confirm your downloads for those files, type and md5. Make sure computer is recognizing it on port 41 I think it is.

After you successfully restored back to factory, break the screen and return it under warranty.... Lol jk. Then you have to reroot, and install twrp all over again. ( ioroot25, autorec, towelroot or whatever you prefer)

grandpa_faust

Jun 19, 2014

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

After you successfully restored back to factory, break the screen and return it under warranty.... Lol jk. Then you have to reroot, and install twrp all over again. ( ioroot25, autorec, towelroot or whatever you prefer)

Right, but I can't connect to wifi or use the keyboard; and it shuts down somewhere between 1-5 minutes. I don't know how I can get it re-rooted so that I can install TWRP and flash the good stuff. That's where I'm stuck!

mesiorni

May 25, 2014
Right, but I can't connect to wifi or use the keyboard; and it shuts down somewhere between 1-5 minutes. I don't know how I can get it re-rooted so that I can install TWRP and flash the good stuff. That's where I'm stuck!

You're gonna have to connect it to a computer. You can find the tools in in the return to stock thread, offline included. Download mode should stay on until you physically stop it with the computer or power button.

Edit* If you have a semi working ROM you should be able to adb push the k_k zip file (can't remember specific name) in less than 5 minutes to root it. The whole ioroot method is slightly longer.

from my Dorified_Mahdi/vs980

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do I need to install a custom recovery? I haven't done anything beyond rooting. This is a brave new world for me, thank you for your patience!

Yes, look for the thread containing the AutoRec app recovery installation. It will put twrp 2.7.0.0 on. DO NOT UP-GRADE recovery until 2.7.1.1 is out. Twrp 2.7.1.0 has some really nasty bugs. Thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2715496 the easiest way without a computer.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you! I'll download that and see if I can make sense of that other article. It's fairly tech-heavy, I'm a little :eek: about it.
    I thought I had, I can re-wipe and reinstall if that helps! I definitely did prior to installing the recovery app.

Just try wiping dalvik and cache in advanced wipe of twrp. Should fix, if not do a factory reset via twrp this will erase all apps and data

Just try wiping dalvik and cache in advanced wipe of twrp. Should fix, if not do a factory reset via twrp this will erase all apps and data

Factory reset did it! Sometimes I still get a message "SIM detected, switching to global mode" or the network goes out entirely for 2-3min, but overall the phone, data and sms work just fine!

I'm going to try and figure out wifi calling, then I'll be golden. Thank you all so so much for your comments and support, I wish I could throw gold at you! Cheers.

-GF