Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 47,979 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Loading ROM for use with T-Mobile?

Tip us?

grandpa_faust
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesiorni View Post
Can you get into recovery? Power vol- button combo? If so just flash correct kernel version n good to go.
I can't! That's where I'm trying to get to, my TWRP has disappeared. I think that when I did the KDZ flash that it wiped it out. I can do a factory reset, but that doesn't help me at all. I have been looking for a way to install TWRP via USB but no luck so far, can't connect to wifi and the phone power cycles after 1-5 minutes.

mesiorni
Old
Thanks Meter 32
So what do you have other than bootloop? Download mode or anything?

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_faust View Post
I can't! That's where I'm trying to get to, my TWRP has disappeared. I think that when I did the KDZ flash that it wiped it out. I can do a factory reset, but that doesn't help me at all. I have been looking for a way to install TWRP via USB but no luck so far, can't connect to wifi and the phone power cycles after 1-5 minutes.
If you have download mode, the only option is KDZ or TOT method. Confirm your downloads for those files, type and md5. Make sure computer is recognizing it on port 41 I think it is.

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

If you have download mode, the only option is KDZ or TOT method. Confirm your downloads for those files, type and md5. Make sure computer is recognizing it on port 41 I think it is.
After you successfully restored back to factory, break the screen and return it under warranty.... Lol jk. Then you have to reroot, and install twrp all over again. ( ioroot25, autorec, towelroot or whatever you prefer)

grandpa_faust
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

After you successfully restored back to factory, break the screen and return it under warranty.... Lol jk. Then you have to reroot, and install twrp all over again. ( ioroot25, autorec, towelroot or whatever you prefer)
Right, but I can't connect to wifi or use the keyboard; and it shuts down somewhere between 1-5 minutes. I don't know how I can get it re-rooted so that I can install TWRP and flash the good stuff. That's where I'm stuck!

mesiorni
Old
(Last edited by mesiorni; 8th July 2014 at 05:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_faust View Post
Right, but I can't connect to wifi or use the keyboard; and it shuts down somewhere between 1-5 minutes. I don't know how I can get it re-rooted so that I can install TWRP and flash the good stuff. That's where I'm stuck!
You're gonna have to connect it to a computer. You can find the tools in in the return to stock thread, offline included. Download mode should stay on until you physically stop it with the computer or power button.

Edit* If you have a semi working ROM you should be able to adb push the k_k zip file (can't remember specific name) in less than 5 minutes to root it. The whole ioroot method is slightly longer.

from my Dorified_Mahdi/vs980