Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,420 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help to determine wheter new ETA-U90EWE and ECB-DU4AWE are original or not

Tip us?

SamsungPisser
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Need help to determine wheter new ETA-U90EWE and ECB-DU4AWE are original or not

Hallo,

i bought a new ETA-U90EWE Traveladapter from Germany's Amazon.de Marketplace. Now I'm not sure wheter the delivered is original or not.

The original cable weights 24g, the devlivered only 22g. When I load my S4 from my PC with Logilink AA0045 http://logilink.de/showproduct/AA0045.htm and measure the current with CurrentWidget I get 1080mA with original cable. With the new one I only get 840 mA. The new cable is much smoother so more plastic like then the original. The original is more like rubber.

The CurrentWidget shows for both power supplys 1,2 A when Screen is on and 1,9 A when Screen is off, so both power supplys load the S4 with full speed.

The voltage of original is 5,11 V with no load, the new one has 5,04 V.

Weight of the new one is 34gram whereas the original has 35 grams.

I have made pictures. The QR-Codes are different. THe Code from the USB-Adapter from the new one was not recognized with BarcodeScanner App which makes me think.

I hope someone can help me to determine if the delivered power adapter is original or not.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dokument5001.jpg
Views:	3734
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	2536493   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dokument5002.jpg
Views:	3619
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	2536494   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dokument5003.jpg
Views:	3223
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	2536495  
The Following User Says Thank You to SamsungPisser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dan Law 001
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Hey friend, I also got the same type of charger from eBay (eta-u90uwe). I bought it to charge my external battery but it never charge fast enough compare with the UK plug (eta-u90uwe) that came with the phone. I tried to scan the QR code but both of them didn't work. It seems really ridiculous since both charger have the same specs and I charged it using the same wire. Plus it is OEM stuff; suppose to be working quite well...

xda_user_p600
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Sorry for bumping old thread, I feel a need to warn people from buying cheap chargers on Ebay from chinese sellers.

I can confirm everything OP is saying. I had a choice between buying a charger in EU, or on Ebay. I chose Ebay, the charger died after 5 months.
Everything was fried inside. I am happy my phone didn't take damage.

Printing on the charger:

This is how it looks inside (the physical damage is because I was trying to open it. Actually the charger just burned inside):
The plate: http://i.imgur.com/QKDRqRG.jpg
Burning marks on the plastic inside: http://i.imgur.com/Ihj1yln.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/V0cFJgA.jpg

mezo91
Old
Thanks Meter 84
If its weight is light then it's a fake one.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

sebekkg
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezo91 View Post
If its weight is light then it's a fake one.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
I bought also copy. I compared it with original that came with N7100 (germany).
Original usb cable has shorter micro usb part, also has in-printed some text along side the cable, and its more rubbery and flexible.

here are pictures

zackoj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Where did you buy charger and cable?
Ebay?

DarkRoniN88
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default How can you tell for sure?

I too believe the cheap Ebay ones are fake, but how can we tell for sure?
One of the photographed chargers is made in Vietnam and the other in China so direct comparison is basically impossible because different assembly lines would produce slight visual differences. Furthermore original Samsung chargers are not very reliable, for example my original charger (came with my S3) blew up after just 6 months of use.
I've bought this charger from Ebay for 3.5$ and of course I don't thinks it's original (although the seller claims it is),
but for this price I decided to allow him to enjoy the doubt.
When I get it I will test its current output and compare it to the photos in this post.

sebekkg
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRoniN88 View Post
I too believe the cheap Ebay ones are fake, but how can we tell for sure?
One of the photographed chargers is made in Vietnam and the other in China so direct comparison is basically impossible because different assembly lines would produce slight visual differences. Furthermore original Samsung chargers are not very reliable, for example my original charger (came with my S3) blew up after just 6 months of use.
I've bought this charger from Ebay for 3.5$ and of course I don't thinks it's original (although the seller claims it is),
but for this price I decided to allow him to enjoy the doubt.
When I get it I will test its current output and compare it to the photos in this post.
Dude it says China AND Vietnam on same charger. Original charger says Vietnam OR China.
The Following User Says Thank You to sebekkg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DarkRoniN88
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebekkg View Post
Dude it says China AND Vietnam on same charger. Original charger says Vietnam OR China.
Oh missed that. LOL

DarkRoniN88
Old
(Last edited by DarkRoniN88; 8th July 2014 at 09:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
I received my charger today. It looks like a combination between the chargers in the earlier posts.
The QR code is scan-able but gives a link to samsung.com and not the S/N of the charger.
The USB port is mounted at a slight angle.
Overall it works fine, charges at 2A.
This is the like for the item on ebay:
if you want to order one.
Iv'e attached photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6417 (Copy).JPG
Views:	121
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	2839725   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6419 (Copy).JPG
Views:	75