Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth stay alive?

Tip us?

techknight180
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bluetooth stay alive?

I am using the SWApp App and it seems to not vibrate or get notification until I press the power button. How can I get notifications in real time and not by pressing power button? Is the Bluetooth going to sleep when put to sleep? Thanks

death_entry
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I Always get a notification... dont need to press anything, have you got a power saver app that is regulating the connections? Normally its wifi that gets killed when screen is off...
LG G2 32GB KitKat
Omate TrueSmart Watch 8GB EU JellyBean

MrTip
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Same thing happens to me.
I get the notification at the exact same time the screen turns on.

I doubt this is a bluetooth problem because if I receive a sms and go to plane mode on the phone, the notification still appear when I turn the swatch screen on. (then, swapp link crashes)
If I do not turn the screen on, I still receive the notification, but several minutes later.
TS 1/8/2100

• Hardware : MT6572
  • Model : TrueSmart
  • Build number : ALPS.JB3.MP.V1.8
  • Build date UTC : 20140513-024041
  • Android v : 4.2.2
  • Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4, 2013/08/14 18:16

LG G3 D855

• ro.build.description: g3_global_com-user 4.4.2 KVT49L.A1404795316 1404795316 release-keys
  • ro.build.target_country: EU
  • ro.build.version.release: 4.4.2

techknight180
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
@MrTip Did you figure out how to fix the bluetooth sleep/delay issue? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTip View Post
Same thing happens to me.
I get the notification at the exact same time the screen turns on.

I doubt this is a bluetooth problem because if I receive a sms and go to plane mode on the phone, the notification still appear when I turn the swatch screen on. (then, swapp link crashes)
If I do not turn the screen on, I still receive the notification, but several minutes later.

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3258

DONATE TO ME
Firmware issue. General rule is stock for standalone and BT ROM (assuming your TS is even compatible) for companion.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

techknight180
Old
(Last edited by techknight180; 6th July 2014 at 06:17 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks @Lokifish Marz
Same issue with BT Rom . It only gets notification when power is pressed or notification is delayed. It does get notification when it's supposed to if the device is charging. Swapp/OSmart bluetooth notifications do not work on 20140120, 20140120 with EnSec, 20140527, or Dee Troy 1.1.1 BT Rom. Is this still a firmware issue or can it be hardware? Why is no one else having this issue or is it isolated like MrTip and me? Thanks again!

btw I can bluetooth internet tether with BT Rom now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
Firmware issue. General rule is stock for standalone and BT ROM (assuming your TS is even compatible) for companion.

MrTip
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by techknight180 View Post
@MrTip Did you figure out how to fix the bluetooth sleep/delay issue? Thanks
In my (successful) attempt to get a working recovery I started with a blank slate and did not reinstalled swapp links yet.
TS 1/8/2100

• Hardware : MT6572
  • Model : TrueSmart
  • Build number : ALPS.JB3.MP.V1.8
  • Build date UTC : 20140513-024041
  • Android v : 4.2.2
  • Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4, 2013/08/14 18:16

LG G3 D855

• ro.build.description: g3_global_com-user 4.4.2 KVT49L.A1404795316 1404795316 release-keys
  • ro.build.target_country: EU
  • ro.build.version.release: 4.4.2