Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 53,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is this device worth buying now?

Tip us?

lanwarrior
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrudup View Post
Don't spread misinformation- you can get root w/o tripping Knox nor voiding your warranty.
For Wifi version?! I know there is one for 3G/LTE with TowelRoot, but but not Wifi version. CF Root for Wifi will trip KNOX.

If there is, please do share. I'd love to root my tablet.
Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile
Stock ROM - rooted
Official Jelly Bean 4.3

Note 10.1 (2014)
Stock ROM - Not rooted since KNOX tripping
Official KitKat 4.4.2

Retired
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
Galaxy Note 8.0
Nexus 7 (2012)
AT&T Galaxy Note
AT&T Galaxy S4 Active

GalaxyNotesTx
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I have Wifi and I'm rooted and Knox is 0x0

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

lanwarrior
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyNotesTx View Post
I have Wifi and I'm rooted and Knox is 0x0

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
Well, can you share the link how to do this? Then maybe you can ask mod to update the FAQ, since as of today, there is NO root for KK for Wifi without tripping KNOX.

Here's the FAQ: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2723420
Here's the CF root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2490805
Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile
Stock ROM - rooted
Official Jelly Bean 4.3

Note 10.1 (2014)
Official KitKat 4.4.2

Retired
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
Galaxy Note 8.0
Nexus 7 (2012)
AT&T Galaxy Note
AT&T Galaxy S4 Active

parcou
Old
(Last edited by parcou; 7th July 2014 at 04:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 48
Let's play nice...

I would say yes to buying. On the neg for me I root and custom rom all Android devices I own and got mine this weekend not having read this forum. It came with 4.4.2 so I can only root but cannot do a custom recovery for a custom rom as some here have had theirs longer than I.

Don't know if any love will come for the 442 but if root is not your concern it is a sweet device. I know without a custom rom I am missing another level that they offer.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) (rooted only) by VZW
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (rooted Beans) by VZW
Samsung Gear (rooted NULL)
Samsung Gear 2

(retired) HTC Incredible
(retired) HTC TouchPro 2
(retired) HTC TouchPro
(retired) HTC 6800
...All Verizon Wireless

lanwarrior
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by parcou View Post
Let's play nice...

I would say yes to buying. On the neg for me I root and custom rom all Android devices I own and got mine this weekend not having read this forum. It came with 4.4.2 so I can only root but cannot do a custom recovery for a custom rom as some here have had theirs longer than I.

Don't know if any love will come for the 442 but if root is not your concern it is a sweet device. I know without a custom rom I am missing another level that they offer.
I am playing nice - I gave OP info about root just in case he wants to do so.

However, I was "accused" of spreading mis-information by @kcrudup and @GalaxyNotesTx. If I gave wrong info, correct me by providing the link to rooting Wifi version without tripping KNOX, and I'll fix my post.

FYI: I just got this tablet yesterday and have been searching XDA and Googling other forums and sites - no root without tripping KNOX for wifi version. So I don't want OP to be as disappointed as me IF he/she wants root.
Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile
Stock ROM - rooted
Official Jelly Bean 4.3

Note 10.1 (2014)
Official KitKat 4.4.2

Retired
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
Galaxy Note 8.0
Nexus 7 (2012)
AT&T Galaxy Note
AT&T Galaxy S4 Active

MohamedYousri
Old
Thanks Meter 42
After my Note 3 and Moto G was stolen ,, i bought LG G Pro Lite Dual and thinking on getting a tablet for Games Movies and all kind of entertainment ,,, for a week now i was reading and watching all reviews and i can't choose between the Note 10.1 2014 Edition and Tab S 10.5

The Note 10.1 2014 is already available for a good price the 3G version will cost me around 550USD while the Tab S isn't here yet and don't know it's price but for sure it will be more expensive

so do you advice getting the Note 10.1 2014 or shall i wait for the Tab S ??!!
| LG G Pro Lite Dual | Android 4.1.2 | Stock | Good Phone For It's Price |

Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Vs. Galaxy Tab S 10.5 , Will Decide Soon I Hope

Stolen: Galaxy Note 3 N9005 & Moto G Dual SIM

lanwarrior
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohamedYousri View Post
After my Note 3 and Moto G was stolen ,, i bought LG G Pro Lite Dual and thinking on getting a tablet for Games Movies and all kind of entertainment ,,, for a week now i was reading and watching all reviews and i can't choose between the Note 10.1 2014 Edition and Tab S 10.5

The Note 10.1 2014 is already available for a good price the 3G version will cost me around 550USD while the Tab S isn't here yet and don't know it's price but for sure it will be more expensive

so do you advice getting the Note 10.1 2014 or shall i wait for the Tab S ??!!
I think it depends on whether you need the S-pen or not. I've looked at the Tab S, but I need the pen.

Plus, the Note is only $459 at Amazon, so it's cheaper.
Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile
Stock ROM - rooted
Official Jelly Bean 4.3

Note 10.1 (2014)
Official KitKat 4.4.2

Retired
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
Galaxy Note 8.0
Nexus 7 (2012)
AT&T Galaxy Note
AT&T Galaxy S4 Active

MohamedYousri
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanwarrior View Post
I think it depends on whether you need the S-pen or not. I've looked at the Tab S, but I need the pen.

Plus, the Note is only $459 at Amazon, so it's cheaper.
Can't get it throw Amazon here in Egypt so i have to get it from any local store ,, i used Note 2 and Note 3 but i can't say that i use the SPen that much ,, it's a great addition indeed but holding 2 phones in my hand before prevented me from using the SPen

the main issue that the Tab S will be out of my budget fore sure but if it worth it then i will try to get one whenever it's here also they almost identical in specifications except for the screen Super LCD Vs. Super AMOLED

I guess for sure that Samsung will update all this devices for Android L so i don't have to worry about it

I would prefer to get the Snapdragon version but it's a quit rare in common and hard to get so i have to stick to the Exynos although i prefer the Snapdragon

So what do you think ?!

Note10.1Dude
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvig2001 View Post
Hi.

I currently own a Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012) and unfortunately I woke it up during lunch and was surprised to find that the screen now hates black and now it displays things incorrectly. It's still usable but ugly to look at. So I've read some reviews and it seems that the battery life is much worse and it's laggy even with 8 cores. So after more than 6 months, is this cellphone/tablet worth it now? I prefer the 10 inch notes for random sketching though but I normally do my art with a real Wacom tablet. I'm thinking of either suffering until the release of the next Galaxy Note 10.1 or possibly jump at Asus Transformer Book V or just jumping to the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. I mainly just use my tablet for Internet and drawing on Sketchbook Pro.
Yes, or perhaps the 12" if that would work for you. I think the 2014 Note is still the best 10 " option available

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohamedYousri View Post
Can't get it throw Amazon here in Egypt so i have to get it from any local store ,, i used Note 2 and Note 3 but i can't say that i use the SPen that much ,, it's a great addition indeed but holding 2 phones in my hand before prevented me from using the SPen

the main issue that the Tab S will be out of my budget fore sure but if it worth it then i will try to get one whenever it's here also they almost identical in specifications except for the screen Super LCD Vs. Super AMOLED

I guess for sure that Samsung will update all this devices for Android L so i don't have to worry about it

I would prefer to get the Snapdragon version but it's a quit rare in common and hard to get so i have to stick to the Exynos although i prefer the Snapdragon

So what do you think ?!
There is also the 10" Note Pro, Which is Cheaper than the s.

MohamedYousri
Old
(Last edited by MohamedYousri; 8th July 2014 at 10:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Note10.1Dude View Post
Yes, or perhaps the 12" if that would work for you. I think the 2014 Note is still the best 10 " option available

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

There is also the 10" Note Pro, Which is Cheaper than the s.
Why do you recommend the Galaxy Tab Pro ? comparing to Note 10.1 2014 they are both identical but you got the SPen and more 1GB of RAM so i guess the Note 10.1 2014 is better than Galaxy Tab Pro and maybe cheaper also