Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,728 Members 43,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is there gonna be android L on xperia s ?

Tip us?

zaidx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Lightbulb [Q] Is there gonna be android L on xperia s ?

Hi folks
We all saw the new android L and how cool it is
So is there any chance that it'll be available on our xperia s ?

exitium90
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidx View Post
Hi folks
We all saw the new android L and how cool it is
So is there any chance that it'll be available on our xperia s ?
If you're talking about official update - no. Sony stopped development for out phone with 4.1.2

But I'm sure there will be unofficial ROM here on XDA

zaidx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
yes i'm talking about unofficial of course
but i saw that raymanfx is no longer here in xperia s section so i thought that it might take a while to get the update on our device

Redstarr1
Old
Thanks Meter 400
My crystal ball isn't very good, we can't predict yet what drivers are going to be broken with Android L. If not much changes, a port to Android L is very likely, but otherwise we'll be stuck at KK or maybe the Android L builds will be less functional. All things we can't know yet.

Also, RaymanFX isn't the only developer for the fuji platform so if he develops for a bunch of other devices now, that doesn't mean our devices are getting no love. We have Android 4.4.4 based ROMs already, what more could we ask for at the moment?

To see if Android L will be supported, the buildable sources for the final version will need to be released. Right now is much too early to speculate. I'm quite hopeful as well, although I'm planning on getting the next Nexus phone or a Nexus 5 if I can't wait any longer, having a phone for 2 years is enough for me.
My current devices:
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact: Stock 14.4.A.0.108 (for now)
Sony Xperia S: Paranoid Android by deedwar
Google Nexus 7 (2013): Paranoid Android
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Redstarr1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

syawalx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default android L on xperia s

clearly no android L will be coming to xperia s

mc_cut_killer
Old
(Last edited by mc_cut_killer; 4th July 2014 at 05:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
How to know when ?
There have not yet any release...

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by syawalx View Post
clearly no android L will be coming to xperia s
Many people said that for KitKat .

Xperia S has the necessary power, remains to be seen for basic compatibility...

mikylucky
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Xperia S has a really good hardware, I hope it will be enough for Android L

nisu4717
Old
Thanks Meter 85
U know what
Sony should learn from Motorola
They are updating old handsets to kitkat like droid Razer and atrix HD.AND SONY doesn't

Redstarr1
Old
Thanks Meter 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisu4717 View Post
U know what
Sony should learn from Motorola
They are updating old handsets to kitkat like droid Razer and atrix HD.AND SONY doesn't
Are we going to be ranting about this again? Those Motorola devices don't have a Snapdragon S3, do they? No, the Razr HD and M have an S4 Plus (the older Razr doesn't get an update to KK), and the Atrix HD also has an S4 Plus. You see where I'm getting at? I'm pretty sure we would have gotten to Android 4.2 if Qualcomm hadn't dropped the Snapdragon S3. It's a hardware problem, can you still not get that by now?

Yeah Sony shouldn't have used such an old SoC, we all knew that but we still bought the thing. Right now the phone is over 2 and a half years old, you can't expect any updates anymore, not even Motorola does that: Atrix HD and those Razr's aren't 2 years old yet.

I'm not saying Sony isn't to blame, the Xperia T should have gotten KitKat but didn't, and it took way too long to get KitKat on even the newer devices. It's insane to see Sony take over half a year while Motorola is faster than the Google Play Edition devices. The Sony skin isn't even that different from Holo.

If quick official updates are important to you, learn your lesson and get a Nexus or GPE device. Moaning about what Sony should do doesn't help since A) the hardware doesn't support it (without straying from official drivers) and B) Sony will never learn. Updates have been an issue since the Xperia X10, the very first Android phone they made.

But the great thing about Android is how open it is, at least compared to other handset os'es, so at least we're getting unofficial KitKat updates and I bet there will be Android L ports. If not for RaymanFX, deedwar and the other dev's, I would have gotten a Nexus 5 months ago.
My current devices:
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact: Stock 14.4.A.0.108 (for now)
Sony Xperia S: Paranoid Android by deedwar
Google Nexus 7 (2013): Paranoid Android

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Redstarr1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]