View Poll Results: How much would you spend to get your read-only TouchPad fixed?
More than $100 0 0%
$76-100 1 33.33%
$51-75 0 0%
$26-50 1 33.33%
$25 or less 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Repair for Read-Only TouchPads?

OP jdcrutch

10th January 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
More
I'm one of the many TouchPad users whose tablet has switched over to a read-only state.

From what I've been able to gather, this is a hardware problem. HP won't fix it, and if your TP is out of warranty—as most are by now—HP wants $385 to replace the tablet with a refurb.

This seems like a golden opportunity for some handy hackers to go into the TouchPad repair business.

Is there anybody out there who has figured out how to repair this problem, and is willing to fix it for me and others in the same situation?

Is there anybody out there who has gotten his or her read-only TP repaired, and can recommend a repairman?

I'd be willing to spend some money, rather than see my TP and all the accessories I bought for it go to waste.

Jim Crutchfield
Long Island City, NY
Last edited by jdcrutch; 10th January 2014 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Clarity
12th January 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag curacao
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
More
Question tried this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcrutch

I'm one of the many TouchPad users whose tablet has switched over to a read-only state.

From what I've been able to gather, this is a hardware problem. HP won't fix it, and if your TP is out of warranty—as most are by now—HP wants $385 to replace the tablet with a refurb.

This seems like a golden opportunity for some handy hackers to go into the TouchPad repair business.

Is there anybody out there who has figured out how to repair this problem, and is willing to fix it for me and others in the same situation?

Is there anybody out there who has gotten his or her read-only TP repaired, and can recommend a repairman?

I'd be willing to spend some money, rather than see my TP and all the accessories I bought for it go to waste.

Jim Crutchfield
Long Island City, NY

you tried this thread?: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/13277-fix...f-cyanogenmod/ or this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=284
Last edited by ennu; 12th January 2014 at 07:44 PM.
25th January 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
More
Thanks. I'll check 'em out.
30th April 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
More
No Solution Yet
Ennu's threads are full of intriguing suggestions, but no solutions for the read-only problem.

Has anybody solved the read-only problem? Can anybody repair a read-only TP? What am I to do with my read-only tablet? Is it a total loss?
4th June 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #5  
Flag Chicagoland, IL
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcrutch

Ennu's threads are full of intriguing suggestions, but no solutions for the read-only problem.

Has anybody solved the read-only problem? Can anybody repair a read-only TP? What am I to do with my read-only tablet? Is it a total loss?

Wondering the same thing...
12th June 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 35

22 posts
From time to time i do a google search hoping that someone had posted a solution for the read only memory problem..but everytime its the same threads with the same people and no answers, i guess we had bad luck with our devices as it seems that not many people is affected...damm i miss my touchpad...
8th July 2014, 11:43 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 50

448 posts
I am facing this issue now, too. What's tough is I couldn't explain what was wrong for the longest time. Glad to know it's got a name....the "read only mode" problem. But what's the fix?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
read-only, repair, touchpad
Previous Thread Next Thread