Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,813 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how can i use AOSP mms apk?

Tip us?
 
stormy_ugur
Old
#1  
stormy_ugur's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 363
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: izmir

 
DONATE TO ME
Default how can i use AOSP mms apk?

Hi i want to use aosp mms app on my N9005. I had s3 and was using aosp transparent mms app. It was awesome. I found this link which is working on S4.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2320384

Is there anyone can port this to N9005? Please make it for aosp lovers☺
Galaxy Note 3 N9005

Uğur TEKELİ
 
stormy_ugur
Old
#2  
stormy_ugur's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 363
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: izmir

 
DONATE TO ME
hi is there anyone can help me?
Galaxy Note 3 N9005

Uğur TEKELİ
 
starnostar
Old
(Last edited by starnostar; 3rd July 2014 at 07:38 PM.)
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 125
Posts: 258
Join Date: Apr 2009
porting the text messaging application is a complete $#@!%^ nightmare... just use 8sms, it nearly exactly the same thing but with more features.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tsms.mms&hl=en

"Stock messaging app with useful updates and enhancements.
The latest and best from Android and CyanogenMod.
No bloat. No fuss.
Just a better stock app.
8sms is a port of the Android stock messaging (sms and mms) app with a few extra useful features then added on. The current version is ported from Android "
 
stormy_ugur
Old
(Last edited by stormy_ugur; 4th July 2014 at 04:02 PM.)
#4  
stormy_ugur's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 363
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: izmir

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by starnostar View Post
porting the text messaging application is a complete $#@!%^ nightmare... just use 8sms, it nearly exactly the same thing but with more features.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tsms.mms&hl=en

"Stock messaging app with useful updates and enhancements.
The latest and best from Android and CyanogenMod.
No bloat. No fuss.
Just a better stock app.
8sms is a port of the Android stock messaging (sms and mms) app with a few extra useful features then added on. The current version is ported from Android "
thank yo so much for your help but i know 8sms app and i didn't like it. i want to use messaging screen like attachments picture. is it possible?

or this is nexus link. the first and second picture which i want to use

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...77&postcount=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-12_12.46.08.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	2832570  
Galaxy Note 3 N9005

Uğur TEKELİ
 
chazey2
Old
(Last edited by chazey2; 6th July 2014 at 10:00 PM.)
#5  
chazey2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 130
Posts: 319
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Harwich Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy_ugur View Post
thank yo so much for your help but i know 8sms app and i didn't like it. i want to use messaging screen like attachments picture. is it possible?

or this is nexus link. the first and second picture which i want to use

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...77&postcount=1
Try this one. I use on n9005 with Temasek 4.4.4 and works brilliantly.
Rename original mms.apk in system priv app to disable. Copy this one in and set perms to rw-r-r and reboot.
Switch to messaging in settings more and your good to go.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5bcdbz0ww5vhhb/Mms.apk

More here http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...8#post53719408

N9005
Temasek 3.93
Temasek V127
Tasker automation
in the driving seat!
 
stormy_ugur
Old
#6  
stormy_ugur's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 363
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: izmir

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazey2 View Post
Try this one. I use on n9005 with Temasek 4.4.4 and works brilliantly.
Rename original mms.apk in system priv app to disable. Copy this one in and set perms to rw-r-r and reboot.
Switch to messaging in settings more and your good to go.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5bcdbz0ww5vhhb/Mms.apk

More here http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...8#post53719408

it didn't worked with bobcat rom. i have done what u say but didn't worked.

maybe its not working because of the rom


so can u send me the link of ur rom?
Galaxy Note 3 N9005

Uğur TEKELİ
 
chazey2
Old
#7  
chazey2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 130
Posts: 319
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Harwich Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy_ugur View Post
it didn't worked with bobcat rom. i have done what u say but didn't worked.

maybe its not working because of the rom


so can u send me the link of ur rom?
Yep sure, very good Rom. Navigate to Op for download links.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53963035

N9005
Temasek 3.93
Temasek V127
Tasker automation
in the driving seat!
 
stormy_ugur
Old
#8  
stormy_ugur's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 363
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: izmir

 
DONATE TO ME
hi

here is only me love the aosp messaging app? can't i install this app to custom n9005 rom? i copying aosp messaging app to system/priv app folder then set permission rw r r then rebooting phone but i got "" messaging app closed"" error. how can i solve tihs problem?

i don't want to change my rom. is it possible to use aosp messaging app on custom roms? what can i do?

developers please see my problem thanks
Galaxy Note 3 N9005

Uğur TEKELİ
 
chazey2
Old
#9  
chazey2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 130
Posts: 319
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Harwich Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy_ugur View Post
hi

here is only me love the aosp messaging app? can't i install this app to custom n9005 rom? i copying aosp messaging app to system/priv app folder then set permission rw r r then rebooting phone but i got "" messaging app closed"" error. how can i solve tihs problem?

i don't want to change my rom. is it possible to use aosp messaging app on custom roms? what can i do?

developers please see my problem thanks
are you renaming the original? Or over witting. Are you rebooting and checking settings more to switch to messaging.

N9005
Temasek 3.93
Temasek V127
Tasker automation
in the driving seat!
 
stormy_ugur
Old
#10  
stormy_ugur's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 363
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: izmir

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazey2 View Post
are you renaming the original? Or over witting. Are you rebooting and checking settings more to switch to messaging.
yea i renaming to original. of course i rebooting but what did u mean cheching settings? so did u mean permission settings? if yes i changed it RW R R but stil i got force close error
Galaxy Note 3 N9005

Uğur TEKELİ

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


[APK] Google News and Weather Gets Material Design Makeover, Minor Maps Updates

Although Google has somewhat gotten out of the habit of their … more

Software Build Automation with Jenkins – XDA Developer TV

Many members of the XDA community come to learn and begin in the exciting … more

Add Bits and Pieces of Honami to Your Current ROM

In the last few months, we’ve talked about quite a few Sony Honami-related projects. … more

Always Enter the Correct Password with HideNoPasswords

If you’ve ever entered apassword on your mobile device, you’ve surely … more