Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 39,911 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root and Unlock Boot loader for 4.3?

Tip us?

Faulker
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsmandan View Post
Wish I had the choice. Sim card slot went bad. Verizon replaced it under warranty. I was running CM11 but now the the refurb that Verizon sent me was preloaded with 4.3. Didn't know that even had happened.
Same issue here. I was smart about not taking the OTA, then the phone broke. Replacement came with 4.3. Been waiting (im)patiently for some way to unlock.

steve-O's_in_the_house
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default should have done my resurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattsNotIncld View Post
The bootloader will never be unlocked. The original bootloader on the Verizon s3 wasn't even "unlocked." It was a completely different boot image that was leaked. AFAIK, no bootloader has ever been unlocked through hard coding. There are simply loopholes & workarounds. Kexec and Safestrap are two examples of workarounds. They are pretty much just as good as the real thing so there is still hope for those crack-flashers taken off guard by the new update.

Still, I can't sympathize with people who start threads like these: There have been countless "I took the 4.3 update. How do I flash ROMs?" posts. If you were really into flashing, you would never be in this situation.

It's the cardinal rule. NEVER ACCEPT OTAs!!!!!!
Thanks I always learn the hard way.. lol. well itf I had done a little more resurch . from now on i will

An0nYm0u5.bat
Old
(Last edited by An0nYm0u5.bat; 8th July 2014 at 03:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-O's_in_the_house View Post
Thanks I always learn the hard way.. lol. well itf I had done a little more resurch . from now on i will
Hmmmm... Really. That's odd. Sch-1535v running 4.3 safe strapped , rooted, Knox removed, Alliance ROM, ChaotiC DroiD ROM CSC customs, build.prop customs. Running straightalk on atts side. So I am confused. I must of been asleep on the you can't do that day. Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-07-21-24-45.png
Views:	52
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	2839257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-07-21-25-25.png
Views:	42
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	2839258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-07-21-25-50.png
Views:	39
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	2839259   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-07-21-26-08.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	2839260  

poppers162
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nYm0u5.bat View Post
Hmmmm... Really. That's odd. Sch-1535v running 4.3 safe strapped , rooted, Knox removed, Alliance ROM, ChaotiC DroiD ROM CSC customs, build.prop customs. Running straightalk on atts side. So I am confused. I must of been asleep on the you can't do that day. Lol
I flashed Alliance rom today and my WiFi will not stay on. No matter what. I tap it and it flicks on, then off. I just got this phone for 100 bucks yesterday, perfect condition, WAS running 4.1.2 until I unknowingly installed the 4.3 update. But I heard the ml1 modules you need to flash before every rom messes with the WiFi somehow. How exactly did you flash yours?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
Droid RAZR M all the way! Unlocked-Rooted-Stock KK

An0nYm0u5.bat
Old
(Last edited by An0nYm0u5.bat; 8th July 2014 at 12:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppers162 View Post
I flashed Alliance rom today and my WiFi will not stay on. No matter what. I tap it and it flicks on, then off. I just got this phone for 100 bucks yesterday, perfect condition, WAS running 4.1.2 until I unknowingly installed the 4.3 update. But I heard the ml1 modules you need to flash before every rom messes with the WiFi somehow. How exactly did you flash yours?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
I flashed with safestrap. How did you attempt flash? What did you root with? What recovery do you have? What modules? Etc.. Did you install the ml1 kernel? Did you install build 23? Did you follow from alliances XDA page? I need more input bruh. And if your phone info isn't same as mine. You didn't flash right. Start over. Go here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1973982 and follow EXACTLY beanstown directions. Boom. Up and going. Most beautiful and fastest ROM I've seen besides some stripped down junk that you can scroll super fast. Lol

And please people. (Not directed at you) please stop taking otas. Wait for a port. After all. All your gone do is root and flash it to death. So why not wait till it comes with a ROM. Etc.. Its like a bunch of girls when beiber drops new music..... OMGGGGGG!!!!!!!!, THERE.IS.AN.UPDATE!!!! AGHHHH I must have now. Lol. Ridiculous...