Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 40,301 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC one mini boots into bootloader

Tip us?

UnicycleWheelie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddison View Post
when you flash the unlock token you should get a screen appear on your phone (see below)
hit yes...tghe phone will reboot a few times

i would try again but be patient, wait till the phone stops doing what it needs to

and when I do the flash it just stays in the boot loader
Alright will try it again,

Omarion23145
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicycleWheelie View Post
and when I do the flash it just stays in the boot loader
Alright will try it again,
Yeah. If it doesn't work the first time, try again. Sometimes it doesn't work the first time .
The Following User Says Thank You to Omarion23145 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

UnicycleWheelie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarion23145 View Post
Yeah. If it doesn't work the first time, try again. Sometimes it doesn't work the first time .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZDuXmy4buY

UnicycleWheelie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
C:\Users\Gigabyte\Desktop\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
adb devices
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached

C:\Users\Gigabyte\Desktop\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
adb devices
List of devices attached

fastboot devices
HT382WA01938 fastboot

so adb cant find the phone but fastboot can?

htconemini
Old
Thanks Meter 13
i think you deleted the os... can you boot into recovery???

UnicycleWheelie
Old
(Last edited by UnicycleWheelie; 18th June 2014 at 03:23 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by htconemini View Post
i think you deleted the os... can you boot into recovery???
When I turn it on it goes strigh to boot loader, in hboot/bootloader, I go to recovery and hit the power button, it vibrates and shoes an all white screen with the 3 androids in the middle, then goes to fastboot

I asked her what happened to the phone before this problem happened. and this is what she said...Hey! So, when it first crashed it was a few months ago and it pretty much just ran out of battery and powered down. I don't remember doing anything strange or anything weird happening before it died. And then I got the charger and plugged it in and the boot loader screen popped up. I was really confused and not really sure what was going on so I clicked on reboot and shut down and reboot boot loader and everything to try to get it back to normal. After I clicked those a few times it went back to normal. And it's done that about 4 times total in the past but I could always get it back to normal by selecting the options randomly. And it would always come up after the phone ran out of battery. And then the other night when it died I put it on the charger the screen came up and it wouldn't go away no matter what I did.

UnicycleWheelie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
To unlock the bootloader do you need adb or only fastboot...because this phone takes the htcdev unlockcode.bin but the phone just stays in bootloader. when you do fastboot devices it shows up but when you do adb devices there is nothing.

Shacho
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
To unlock the bootloader do you need adb or only fastboot...because this phone takes the htcdev unlockcode.bin but the phone just stays in bootloader. when you do fastboot devices it shows up but when you do adb devices there is nothing.
I'm not alone - The exact same scenario (almost) happened to me a few days ago with my HTC1Mini and now I am stuck at the BL screen also. I lost connectivity (no service), rebooted and the phone went straight to the BL screen. I have tried everything mentioned, including the HTCDev unlock code - no joy, even dough it stated successfully. Also, I did not get the "Yes/No Confirmation" on the phone, it remained on the boot loader screen. It seems that regardless of what method one uses, if the phone is "Locked" nothing will work. If you have figured out how to exist the BL screen, please share your methods/steps/files. Your time and consideration is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

UnicycleWheelie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shacho View Post
I'm not alone - The exact same scenario (almost) happened to me a few days ago with my HTC1Mini and now I am stuck at the BL screen also. I lost connectivity (no service), rebooted and the phone went straight to the BL screen. I have tried everything mentioned, including the HTCDev unlock code - no joy, even dough it stated successfully. Also, I did not get the "Yes/No Confirmation" on the phone, it remained on the boot loader screen. It seems that regardless of what method one uses, if the phone is "Locked" nothing will work. If you have figured out how to exist the BL screen, please share your methods/steps/files. Your time and consideration is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I had to contact HTC via the help chat. and they walked me through all the "try this" and nothing still went into BL. so they had me ship it in, and I got it fix for free. took about a 11days...it sounded like there is a problem/fault with this phone.

UnicycleWheelie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I had to contact HTC via the help chat. and they walked me through all the "try this" and nothing still went into BL. so they had me ship it in, and I got it fix for free. took about a 11days...it sounded like there is a problem/fault with this phone.

the kept the SN the same but the IMEI changed (on the back sticker)