Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,940 Members 46,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LightFlow finally supports the Sony SmartWatch 2

Tip us?

andrewpmoore
Old
Thanks Meter 575

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcla View Post
@andrewpmoore - just wondering if you'd be able to provide LightFlow with detailed notifications from Gmail - with other apps that push notifications to the SmartWatch like Watchify, it's possible to push the contents of whole email on the smartwatch. Can Lightflow be set up to do this?
Yes it should be possible, I use it myself. If you enable "Gmail, all notifications" then it should pick the email text up. The label specific notifications don't (as the information isn't available when monitoring that way) so I use label specific notifications for getting different lights but have Gmail all notifications enabled with the led off and the option only set on that to push to the watch.
Author of Light Flow
The Following User Says Thank You to andrewpmoore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tangcla
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewpmoore View Post
Yes it should be possible, I use it myself. If you enable "Gmail, all notifications" then it should pick the email text up. The label specific notifications don't (as the information isn't available when monitoring that way) so I use label specific notifications for getting different lights but have Gmail all notifications enabled with the led off and the option only set on that to push to the watch.
Thanks heaps for that, will give that a go - also, I've noticed a few 'false' notifications when I open a Messenger window, or sometimes it doesn't pick up multiple messages, is there any reason this happens?

I'm trying to find the 'ultimate' Sony SmartWatch notification app, and at the moment I'm using a combination of Watchify and WatchIt! to do different things.

dabizstan
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewpmoore View Post
I dont find this "gmail all notifications" option, i have to choose one label always. Where is this option showed?

TeemoHH
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just got a sony smartwatch 2 and i started playing around with it.

It made me happy to read, that lightflow is able to send notifactions to the smartwatch.

Unfortuneatly I can't get it to work.

I checked the Setting "send to sony smart devices" but no notification is showing up on my smartwatch 2. I've already re-installed Lightflow, but nothing changed.

Can somebody help me ?