Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 48,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SmartQ z watch faces "CUSTOM"

Tip us?

Rigo 001
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1404692294775.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	2837047  

RomXMaster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just tried it Rigo i am a noob to this i would love if you could share some clock faces or point me to the right direction step by step thanks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Rigo 001
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks! No problem. My way of doing it is kinda round about since I don't have a working PC or Laptop. I'll document it and load the files.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

RomXMaster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks alot :beer:

RomXMaster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Had i play with it all night and i know how to do it now but when i trasfer it on my watch the image does not show up any idea what it could be ?

iAppleDev
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomXMaster View Post
Let me know if your still working on this project of creating the app with watch faces for the SmartQ z

Thanks

Yes still working on project.
Very nice job on yours, lookN good.
What method are you using for watch face is that added to stock clock widget or an downloaded app?

spyderveloce
Old
(Last edited by spyderveloce; 7th July 2014 at 06:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigo 001 View Post
Hi. I've been making my custom watch faces using UCCW. I make them on my phone 4 and take then transfer the fliees to my watch. They came out decent I think. I'll try to upload some pics. I got the watch hoping to use Zooper widget but I could only get UCCW to work.
So, I gave this a shot, and I've easily made a watch face that I like, but getting the UCCW widget to allow me to add a saved widget is proving to be an issue for me. Would you mind maybe providing some instructions on how you got the widget onto the watch's home screen? What file(s) are you transferring to the watch and to what folder on the watch? I've tried the .zip, .uzip, and .uccw files for my saved widget with no luck. I've installed UCCW on the watch as well and all I get is a blank white widget and no option to choose my clock face.

BTW... I love the idea of being able to make our own faces using UCCW... just need to nail down how to make it available on the watch. Thanks for the tip!

Rigo 001
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderveloce View Post
So, I gave this a shot, and I've easily made a watch face that I like, but getting the UCCW widget to allow me to add a saved widget is proving to be an issue for me. Would you mind maybe providing some instructions on how you got the widget onto the watch's home screen? What file(s) are you transferring to the watch and to what folder on the watch? I've tried the .zip, .uzip, and .uccw files for my saved widget with no luck. I've installed UCCW on the watch as well and all I get is a blank white widget and no option to choose my clock face.

BTW... I love the idea of being able to make our own faces using UCCW... just need to nail down how to make it available on the watch. Thanks for the tip!
Since it was a few months ago I can't remember if I sideloaded the UCCW app or loaded it from the Play Store. After I make the clock widget I save it as a .uzip and copy it from the uccwOutput folder on my phone and drop it into the uccwOutput folder on the watch. I open it with ESfile Explorer and click on the .uzip file. it opens the file as a png i believe. after that i close it out and move to the home screen and open a UCCW widget. After that I choose like a 2x2 size and the widget I made is in the list.
Another I go about it since I don't have access to a PC. I link my watch and my phone with the Screenshare app. I save the .uzip file to dropbox and use the screenshare browser to go to my dropbox and sync the page to the watch and download it straight to the watch. I've found just by clicking the uzip folder in the broswer download folder uploads it to UCCW on the watch without moving the file from folder to folder in the watch.

I also use Apex launcher as my default launcher. I hide the notification bar and the dock so the widget takes up the whole screen. I also have gestures to bring them back or to toggle settings or open apps.

spyderveloce
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigo 001 View Post
Since it was a few months ago I can't remember if I sideloaded the UCCW app or loaded it from the Play Store. After I make the clock widget I save it as a .uzip and copy it from the uccwOutput folder on my phone and drop it into the uccwOutput folder on the watch. I open it with ESfile Explorer and click on the .uzip file. it opens the file as a png i believe. after that i close it out and move to the home screen and open a UCCW widget. After that I choose like a 2x2 size and the widget I made is in the list.
Another I go about it since I don't have access to a PC. I link my watch and my phone with the Screenshare app. I save the .uzip file to dropbox and use the screenshare browser to go to my dropbox and sync the page to the watch and download it straight to the watch. I've found just by clicking the uzip folder in the broswer download folder uploads it to UCCW on the watch without moving the file from folder to folder in the watch.

I also use Apex launcher as my default launcher. I hide the notification bar and the dock so the widget takes up the whole screen. I also have gestures to bring them back or to toggle settings or open apps.

There-in lies the issue... I was trying to load this UCCW widget in the stock launcher. I never get the selection option in the stock launcher so that's a no go for UCCW there. I may have to try Apex or try Nova again. I just felt that Nova was a bit overkill for something that is supposed to be elegantly simple. I wonder if there is another custom widget app that I can use to design the same watch face and apply it as a widget on the stock launcher?