Fasching Kernel + Baseband only - Phone dead!

Search This thread

TommyX235

Sep 26, 2011
Jena
Hi

i had paranoid android installed but the baseband was the wrong one..

(I installed iHackers 4.1 without flashing kernel + baseband because then i landed in a bootloop)

When on ihackers i installed paranoid android 4.4.4 over it and it worked. But also like in ihackers
i could not connect to my network because of the wrong baseband.

So i downloaded C6903_14.4.A.0.108_Generic_DE.ftf and flashed only the baseband without wiping anything..
Restarted .. baseband hasn't changed but the system booted and everything was fine.

Than i flashed only the kernel and the baseband without flashing anything else and wiping anything.
The phone went dead. Really dead. Power + vol+ which allways worked (3xvibrate) not working.

LED not working .. Just dead!!! i have it on the charger because before the last flashing it was @ about 15 - 20 % accu.

But even when i connect the charger .. no led .. nothing .. its playing dead.

Any Idea? (it is .. now that i remember .. not the first time a z1 went that dead on me.. I had a z1 before which did the same. now in retrospective I remember flashing kernel and baseband (ONLY) also on that phone.. and it went dead.

If somebody likes to trash his/her z1 try flashing only baseband and kernel. (I am sure the kernel and the baseband are the correct one for the firmware.)

Any ideas how to reanimate my z1?

vG
Thomas

Last edited:

TommyX235

Sep 26, 2011
Jena

khhhhris

Aug 19, 2012
Vancouver
This happened to me when I first got my Z1. Unfortunately I had to send my phone back to Sony which they ended up replacing the motherboard.

They won't be able to detect any custom firmwares. Waiting time is unfortunately about 14 business days once they receive it...

If you phone is unlocked be sure to let them know so you get an nck unlock code. You will have a new imei.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
This happened to me when I first got my Z1. Unfortunately I had to send my phone back to Sony which they ended up replacing the motherboard.

They won't be able to detect any custom firmwares. Waiting time is unfortunately about 14 business days once they receive it...

If you phone is unlocked be sure to let them know so you get an nck unlock code. You will have a new imei.

This is not a motherboard issue, it just needs charging for a few hours and then reflashing. Also he has lost his warranty due to unlocking so since this happened as a direct result of flashing custom roms he wont e able to claim on warranty

Reactions: Chocolatetrain

khhhhris

Aug 19, 2012
Vancouver
I understand this is not a motherboard issue, however the exact same problem happened to me months ago. Even after waiting overnight and trying to enter flash mode again it would not respond properly.

Sony's solution is to replace the motherboard at the repair facility I'm assuming because it is the easiest method.

I can almost guarantee this is what will happen when you send it in and they won't deny you warranty.

If you cannot get your phone into flash mode after a few hours, try again overnight. If not I would send it in, or get your carrier to replace it.

Repeat this magic phrase: "I updated my phone and it wouldn't turn on"

This is not a motherboard issue, it just needs charging for a few hours and then reflashing. Also he has lost his warranty due to unlocking so since this happened as a direct result of flashing custom roms he wont e able to claim on warranty

khhhhris

Aug 19, 2012
Vancouver
Now you are deviating from the original intention of this thread. This is absolutely not fraud. It is a vague statement at best.

Your "Recognized Contributor" status and high post count does not give you authority to belittle other users.

Just trying to spread community support which is the purpose of xda, is it not?

Unsubscribed.

Please do not condone fraud on XDA

Reactions: Chocolatetrain

Scr@tchy

Aug 24, 2010
Need help

Hi,

I've run pac-rom on my Z1. Now I want to flash from the current .109 firmware only the base band. In Flash Tool under exclude everything except I labeled baseband. Then the flash process starts without error message. When I start the phone is still the old baseband version. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Hi,

I've run pac-rom on my Z1. Now I want to flash from the current .109 firmware only the base band. In Flash Tool under exclude everything except I labeled baseband. Then the flash process starts without error message. When I start the phone is still the old baseband version. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

Maybe its the same baseband?

TommyX235

Sep 26, 2011
Jena
Hey thanks for your answers @ all!!

The failure was that i flashed roms / ftf with very low battery. Than i charged for a few hours and flashed again .. and on and on.

At some point the accu seems to got broken.

I send it to a repair facility used by sony and they confirmed that the accu is dead.

It seems that i get a replacement. ;) (on warranty)

Thank you again. ! SO!!! What we learn from this is "Only flash your device when its charged!"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Now you are deviating from the original intention of this thread. This is absolutely not fraud. It is a vague statement at best.

Your "Recognized Contributor" status and high post count does not give you authority to belittle other users.

Just trying to spread community support which is the purpose of xda, is it not?

Unsubscribed.

Please do not condone fraud on XDA
    Well you flashed a stock kernel on a CM based rom and thought it would work?
    Don't come for Greg as he's the nicest member on here.