[ROM] [OFFICIAL][4.4.x] [NIGHTLY] CyanogenMod 11 for the Optimus 4X HD (p880)

Search This thread

Jack_capvil

Nov 18, 2012
NAILLOUX (31)
With the last nightly 07/07 my phone has major difficulties to wake up (from 5 to 10 time on the power button). In addition I lost the 2G connection for a couple of hour as in the same time 3G was working properly when selecting 2G only
It is the first time that I have such difficulties with this rom

amkirk94

May 4, 2013
Thessaloniki
Wh are you guys so excited everytime another M release comes to public?
This is just a name of a release ...
We get every single commit the M8 release got, so
they might call them nightlies but there's not that much of a difference ...

We get excited because we hope to get a stable build that can be used normally without that many issues. I know that we're getting all the latest and greatest features, but what I'm looking for here is stability. I don't see why we can't have an M build, instead of having to guess which nightly will work fine. That's what the community has been asking here some time now. All these features are great don't get me wrong, but I believe that an M build could help people who are not developers to have a stable ROM on their phone.

daniel.mota

Sep 3, 2008
Porto
Well in the last nightly (7-7) my double tap to sleep problem is finally solved, it works good now!

However, i now have a doubt regarding the "protected apps" new feature.

I like hiding some of the drawer apps, just so they dont show up, but letting them run normally in the background (for example google search or settings).

I tried to hide in such way some of my apps, but i think that they end up disabled and giving me forced closes and other strange behaviors.

How can i hide an APP, not disabling it?

EB20XY

Jan 22, 2012
Is there any other devices than P880 which gets nightlys officially from CM, but no Snapshots ?
Or is it a special one ?

amkirk94

May 4, 2013
Thessaloniki
Is there any other devices than P880 which gets nightlys officially from CM, but no Snapshots ?
Or is it a special one ?

There are others as well. LG Spectrum for example.
Generally, when the maintainer of a device believes that something is still broken on the device and makes it unstable, they don't release an M build.

This is what happens in our case this time around. For a long time we didn't have a maintainer to stabilize the ROM, but now we do. Whenever demetres feels that we have a stable enough ROM without that many issues, he will release an M build.

Reactions: EB20XY

EB20XY

Jan 22, 2012
There are others as well. LG Spectrum for example.
Generally, when the maintainer of a device believes that something is still broken on the device and makes it unstable, they don't release an M build.

This is what happens in our case this time around. For a long time we didn't have a maintainer to stabilize the ROM, but now we do. Whenever demetres feels that we have a stable enough ROM without that many issues, he will release an M build.

Thanks for the good explaination ! :good:

EB20XY

Jan 22, 2012
latest nightly installs and works fine. :highfive:

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Ehem, I am bit astonished. Seems now, that I have better radio reception with latest nightly, however. :fingers-crossed:
If that is true, it is a great feature. But can't understand with view on the commits why it can be. :laugh:

xtra0581

May 10, 2009
Perhaps demetris is doing some magic to our device. :)

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Free mobile app

szepnorbee

Dec 17, 2006
touch focus + camera

For me still bad the touch focus + camera with the last nightly (2014/07/09).
Please see the video: youtube.com/watch?v=ZGYo_sDqCJ4 (I can not link under 10 Posts)

What could be wrong?:confused:

Last edited:

amkirk94

May 4, 2013
Thessaloniki
For me still bad the touch focus + camera with the last nightly (2014/07/09).
Please see the video: youtube.com/watch?v=ZGYo_sDqCJ4 (I can not link under 10 Posts)

What could be wrong?:confused:

Hmm... For me it works perfectly fine.
Try changing the focus mode from continuous to infinity.
If the problem persists try a clean installation

vladi-it

Dec 9, 2011
Milano
9/7 is good for me. Tomorrow, finger cross, I say about connection loss , reading change log there are possible good news ... :)
...still buggy , in 2/3 I've loss connection. But can use in 2g :)

Last edited:

Navios92

Nov 24, 2011
Damanhour
Anyone else facing CPU frequency lock on stock kernel? It happens with me a lot specially when the charger connected. Phone gets stuck at 1500 MHz.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod Team Proudly presents to you:

CyanogenMod-11-for-Nexus-5.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.  
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger to us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community.
    It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.
    Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts.
    CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
    You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds?
    Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github.
    This version change each night and aren't officialy supported.
    If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s).
    Unlock bootloader
    Boot to fastboot mode > fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash CyanogenMod.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Downloads

Latest build: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=p880

Google Apps: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Changelog

A rough changelog is available here:
    http://www.cmxlog.com/11/p880/ or http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/p880/next

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't mean Out-of-Respect!!!
    And the good news lge has granted my request! 20C source code is up!!!
    Status update:
    I didn’t work on cm11 for some days now but i did on cm12 that is almost done ;)
    We still need a framework native hack for our gpu(old blob) issue.
    I don’t see a valid reason to hold you back from an unofficial cm12/Liquidsmooth rom
    So am going to push the needed changes for others to use until we can have the official cm12 rolling again(*if*) ;)
    Enjoy and all i ask is be fair and give proper credits,Open-Source doesn't mean Out-of-Respect!
    Done
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/473a6c9ae71102db557370943eea50e2c63a8af0
    ok today i Hack 'n' Slash my way through the kernel and it seems i was able to get us back a beautiful battery life ;)
    I"ll push the changes soon :)
    Cm11@all-fixed
    See you on cm12