Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,469 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Help] Unrooting Samsung Galaxy S3 urgent!

Tip us?

daggorlad
Old
Thanks Meter 27
As for the Knox problem, just flash the DE-SAMSUNGNIZER_KNOX_REMOVAL_SCRIPT_V1.0.zip I posted earlier to remove Knox

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5471

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS3User15 View Post
Okay. I'll download the 4.3 firmware. This is weird cause last time I unrooted, I did so while flashing a ln older version. Or maybe I was mistaken. I'll see what I can do with the new firmware and tell you guys how it turns out. Wish me luck!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app
Good Luck!

The inability to downgrade didn't become an issue until 4.3. So if you were on anything older when you last did so, it would've worked fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GS3User15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
Good Luck!

The inability to downgrade didn't become an issue until 4.3. So if you were on anything older when you last did so, it would've worked fine.
That makes so much sense. Cause when I was in 4.1.2 I downgraded to 4.0.1 easily with no trouble. Thanks for the tips. I'm waiting on the new download as we speak!

GS3User15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Good Luck!

Okay. Downloaded the correct firmware this time. And Odin recognized my phone. All good so far. But now its just been here for the last 10 minutes. Should I be worried or is this normal?

<ID:0/012> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> T999UVUENC2_T999TMBENC2_T999UVUENC2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5471

DONATE TO ME
You should be able to restart odin at this point as it appears it hasn't started the flash. But if you want to be safe, just wait and after a while it'll fail and you can retry. Check your battery though!
If it shows any partition name in the top left box, don't touch it, but I think your safe as it hasn't said nand write start yet.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Make sure kies is uninstalled from your computer btw. It interferes with odin. Also, you can try both odin 3.07 and 3.09.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GS3User15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Good Luck!

Quote:
You should be able to restart odin at this point as it appears it hasn't started the flash. But if you want to be safe, just wait and after a while it'll fail and you can retry. Check your battery though!
If it shows any partition name in the top left box, don't touch it, but I think your safe as it hasn't said nand write start yet.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Make sure kies is uninstalled from your computer btw. It interferes with odin. Also, you can try both odin 3.07 and 3.09.
Wow, I am an idiot. I didn't press start! xD Such a noob. Sorry for bothering you. But so far it seems to be going well. Theres a green loading bar at the top where a word "SYSTEM" is. Almost done I think. I'll update you when its done. And lucky me, I am using Odin 3.09 xD

GS3User15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

Wohoo! Doc! I think it worked! I stepped out of the room for a second and when I come back the phone is reset and turning back on. I then downloaded root checker and it verified that my phone does not have root! Thank you for all the help! You are a God send I may even attempt to root again now that I know not to try to flash older versions, cause its seems that was the big issue. Thanks again to all!

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5471

DONATE TO ME
Any time! Glad I could help and happy to hear it seems to be back to normal!
If you do decide to root again, check out Towelroot. It doesnt get any easier than that!

GS3User15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Good Luck!

I will be sure to check it out! Thanks again.

highonandroid
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS3User15 View Post
About a month ago I rooted my Galaxy S3 and tried to install CM11. Long story short it did not all work out well because Knox security would not let me install any root apps. And the rumor is that the Galaxy S3 is about to receive the new KitKat update and I would like to unroot the phone before the update arrives so that I can have a chance to install it. I have tried on my own by following some instructions from some websites but so far nothing seems to work. I downloaded the correct firmware from SamMobile and downloaded Odin. When I plug the phone in and start the Odin process everything seems to be going well until a big red "FAIL!" pops up. I'm hoping I don't damage my phone in the process, but so far it hasnt been bricked yet. Please, any help is appreciated.
As far as i know when you root the device SuperSU should of disabled knox security.