5,815,133 Members 38,832 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Time to switch loyalties ???

Tip us?

jupiter27
Old
(Last edited by jupiter27; 28th April 2014 at 04:19 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Time to switch loyalties ???

Is there any international calling application with stellar call quality? By that I mean fewer call latency issues and less jitter. I am currently using a very popular application with attractive rates but sadly disappointing call quality. Looking for an alternative. Any suggestions/inputs would be appreciated.

techphile
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter27 View Post
Is there any international calling application with stellar call quality? By that I mean fewer call latency issues and less jitter. I am currently using a very popular application with attractive rates but sadly disappointing call quality. Looking for an alternative. Any suggestions/inputs would be appreciated.
A keyword search brought me to this unanswered thread. Based on my experience on tech forums I suggest you reword your thread title . Its quite misleading.Now coming to the answer to your question. Lets be realistic .You cannot expect stellar sound quality on VoIP calling apps since voice is transmitted using individual packets and while decoding there is a significant amount of loss in most cases .But honestly Voip apps offer the best unit call rates for International calls .I presume you are using one of the popular ones in the market like Skype or Viber out . They work well only when you have unlimited data plan or very good network.Since I make most calls using WiFi at home or public hotspots I opted for an app named Global Call which kinda optimises the network to give better call quality.
The Following User Says Thank You to techphile For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

foodie.me
Old
(Last edited by foodie.me; 16th May 2014 at 08:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
LOL it sounds like you are complaining about Skype to me. I was gonna suggest Skype but now that you dislike it that much, try Global Call instead. It's a new app launched a while ago, but so far I find it quite pleasant to use. Good quality, cheap rate, well nothing much to complain about except for the fact that it's in pink and I am not a big fan of pink.... I used to use Viber, but then Viber is purple, and for me purple is worse than pink... Sorry I'm just a color-freak ^^
The Following User Says Thank You to foodie.me For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jupiter27
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by techphile View Post
A keyword search brought me to this unanswered thread. Based on my experience on tech forums I suggest you reword your thread title . Its quite misleading.Now coming to the answer to your question. Lets be realistic .You cannot expect stellar sound quality on VoIP calling apps since voice is transmitted using individual packets and while decoding there is a significant amount of loss in most cases .But honestly Voip apps offer the best unit call rates for International calls .I presume you are using one of the popular ones in the market like Skype or Viber out . They work well only when you have unlimited data plan or very good network.Since I make most calls using WiFi at home or public hotspots I opted for an app named Global Call which kinda optimises the network to give better call quality.
I donít know whether rewording my thread would help. I guess Iíll have to do a bit of research online and try to figure out what works and what doesnít. Iím well aware that Network optimization = better sound quality. Main reason why Skype has a big share in the Voip market and refuses to slash their price. I would have switched to Rebtel if it werenít for their lame packages.

jupiter27
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodie.me View Post
LOL it sounds like you are complaining about Skype to me. I was gonna suggest Skype but now that you dislike it that much, try Global Call instead. It's a new app launched a while ago, but so far I find it quite pleasant to use. Good quality, cheap rate, well nothing much to complain about except for the fact that it's in pink and I am not a big fan of pink.... I used to use Viber, but then Viber is purple, and for me purple is worse than pink... Sorry I'm just a color-freak ^^
Well you guessed it almost right. It isnít Skype but Viber Out which I am using. The pay as you go call rates are really good but crappy sound quality when I call the Philippines. Iím not repelled or attracted by colors though .I donít feel purple when I use Viber its red with rage most of the times. I just checked Global Call on Google Play .It sure does look like a candy floss app and again Iím skeptical about the functionality.

techphile
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter27 View Post
I donít know whether rewording my thread would help. I guess Iíll have to do a bit of research online and try to figure out what works and what doesnít. Iím well aware that Network optimization = better sound quality. Main reason why Skype has a big share in the Voip market and refuses to slash their price. I would have switched to Rebtel if it werenít for their lame packages.
I was just trying to give you an honest suggestion.You'll have to weigh the pros and cons and decide what suits you best . btw the app I mentioned is running some new promotion . Thought it might interest you http://www.globalcall-1plus1.com

jupiter27
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I was just trying to give you an honest suggestion.You'll have to weigh the pros and cons and decide what suits you best . btw the app I mentioned is running some new promotion . Thought it might interest you http://www.globalcall-1plus1.com
Thanks. I just checked the Global Call promotion link . Did you try regsitering for the event ? I think itís a one time only offer right and to get the most out of it I'll have to make sure I purchase maximum credit of $50 but I'm not sure I want to spend a lot of money on a new app.

gardenofwords
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The 1+1 event sounds interesting to me ^^

redbandana24
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I was just trying to give you an honest suggestion.You'll have to weigh the pros and cons and decide what suits you best . btw the app I mentioned is running some new promotion . Thought it might interest you
I'm looking for promotion to help my phone bill now. this one definitely helps!!!