Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,846 Members 39,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Thinking of buying

Tip us?

LordManhattan
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5650
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcore View Post
Think of buying this phone as it is relatively cheap compared to other phones im my region.
Should I get this or the G2, the prices are the same...

I like this thing primarily for its size and display.

I just want one thing to know, can I flash cm11 android 4.4 here? I dont care about warranty. My current phone, lg optimus 4x never fell from my hand ever, so I am careful with my devices.

I would be going for a 5.5 inch phone but this thing is the cheapest larger than 5 inch phone.
Yes, CM11, and others are available, so that's not an issue. You've probably seen the preview of Android "L" today, so just imagine that on 6.44 inches. It'll be sweet.

The G2 isn't a bad device though, but you can't compare those two since they are two different types of devices (phone vs phablet), but I can easily recommend the Ultra.
The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

megapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I've had every high end phone and this by far is the best if you can deal with no flash and mediocre camera performance. I never need a tablet this thing is actually my main computer. I torrent the hell out of it fixed the ext sd card write permission and download like crazy on unlimited data.

Lightbird
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bak3donh1gh View Post
Hi guys I'm thinking of buying a Song Ultra Z and just wanted to get you guy's input if there are some downfalls that I don't know of/commonly known.
Im upgrading from a galaxy note one which has been a nightmare: calls breaking up, power button, overheating.

Also if you have any recomended accessories.

Much Thanks!
You can also try save your device, but this needs root. Try LagFix (fstrim) from the Play Store ^^.