Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 38,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem with Micro USB pendrive + Moto G

Tip us?

tmacher
Old
(Last edited by tmacher; 13th January 2014 at 05:21 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Problem with Micro USB pendrive + Moto G

After I herd that Moto G can use OTG technology I've bought this pendrive Transcend JetFlash 380 8GB to extend memory of the phone. But now I'm sad because the pendrive and the application provided by Transcend(Transcend Elite) won't see my pendrive other applications such as TotalCommander with plugin sees it. But I would like to have native application to work. Especially that the Moto G is on compatibility list on Transcend web page and the app lets you open, copy and save the files on pendrive. I don't know what to do.
It' didn't work on JB and now after update to Kitkat.

I've talked with moto care assistant and she said that otg pendrive should work with extra app.

Question to the users:
Has somebody used the micro usb pendrive directly with Moto G without any OTG wire?

KabelGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
If it says it's compatible on the website I would contact the support on the site, and ask them for help. That's what they're there for.

Good luck!

tmacher
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KabelGuy View Post
If it says it's compatible on the website I would contact the support on the site, and ask them for help. That's what they're there for.

Good luck!
Yeah I already did that. They gave me crappy solution that did not help. So I replied about this and told about compatibility and fixing it.Still waiting.

KabelGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
That sucks man. I'm sorry I can't be of any further assistance.

Good luck with it. They really should help you.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

venug3456
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Regarding Transcend jet flash 380 Compatibility with Moto G...

i purchased moto g dual sim version...i need an otg pendrive for use with moto g...i shortlisted two pen drives 1. transcend jet flash 380 , 2. Sandisk ultra dual...i have some doubts..can we use transcend jet flash 380 with moto G using any file explorer...can we do read and write operations with any file explorer (eg ES file explorer) on transcend jet flash 380...I like transcend than sandisk because of its small size..please help...

tmacher
Old
(Last edited by tmacher; 23rd February 2014 at 11:23 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Transcend works with third part apps but I am waiting for update from Motorola which probably fix the otg on kitkat. So stay tuned.

Moto G

tmacher
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Confirmed after ota update it works fine.

Moto G

dkmsn8
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacher View Post
Confirmed after ota update it works fine.

Moto G
is (16) it working fine with moto g dusl sim 16gb?

Tags
micro usb, otg