[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [moto_msm8960]

Search This thread

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T
what a frustrating day....finally got the RSD to work (it was the getvar removal fix from the XML) however, somehow during this process I guess my ESF partition was formatted/deleted because my ESN number and MSEI are all zeroed out. I played dumb with Sprint on the phone and they will replace the phone for me but they don't have the Q anymore and are trying to give me a HTC Evo Shift 4g.......Disappointing to lose my keyboard! If anyone has a fix for this issue please let me know, thanks!

qoojake

Nov 15, 2008
1. notification LED can't slowly turn on / off

2. setting->Carbon Fibers->Device tunable s page is empty

3 setting->Carbon Fibers->Lockscreen->buttons page is empty

4 Lockscreen can't display weather and calendar

kubago

Apr 6, 2008
Brno
It looks like this is the only ROM still in development for Photon Q. I Really need to try it during weekend :)

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
FYI, the unified builds after 7/1 will not work.

Please wait until the xt897 device is de-unified again from CM. Of course, this also means you will need to switch back to the old xt897 device (which will be somewhat unified, GSM/CDMA.)

Y_Yan_C

Jan 25, 2010
Waterloo
FYI, the unified builds after 7/1 will not work.

Please wait until the xt897 device is de-unified again from CM. Of course, this also means you will need to switch back to the old xt897 device (which will be somewhat unified, GSM/CDMA.)

phone is not booting up after flashing CARBON-KK-NIGHTLY-20140701-1104-moto_msm8960.

monek

Jul 7, 2009
to get clear for me...
i've the 30/6 nightly on my photon q
can i update to the latest nightly or will this cause a bootloop / blackscreen / whatever?

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
to get clear for me...
i've the 30/6 nightly on my photon q
can i update to the latest nightly or will this cause a bootloop / blackscreen / whatever?

I would clean flash.

Of course, you can try dirty flashing... it may work. I'm not going to recommend it tho.

monek

Jul 7, 2009
will do a clean flash, just was unsure if the jbl-nightly run on the q when you already have a kitkat rom...
thx

CornholioGSM

Apr 13, 2005
Prague
help please,
anyone know how (where) change settings for floating windows or disable it?
...swipe for open app in window is for me unusabe :(
Better will be maybe doubleclick on app in recent and leave swipe left/right for kill app

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
help please,
anyone know how (where) change settings for floating windows or disable it?
...swipe for open app in window is for me unusabe :(
Better will be maybe doubleclick on app in recent and leave swipe left/right for kill app

Hm, I don't recall any way to disable floating window... I'll ask around.

Edit - ya, unfortunately there is not a way to disable the feature...

Edit2 - lol someone told me this:

Carbon Fibers -> Interface -> Recents Panel -> Launch recent in floating

I haven't been running Carbon for a while now, I don't use my Q anymore unfortunately...

Last edited:
Reactions: CornholioGSM

CornholioGSM

Apr 13, 2005
Prague
Hm, I don't recall any way to disable floating window... I'll ask around.

Edit - ya, unfortunately there is not a way to disable the feature...

Edit2 - lol someone told me this:

Carbon Fibers -> Interface -> Recents Panel -> Launch recent in floating

I haven't been running Carbon for a while now, I don't use my Q anymore unfortunately...

superrrr....2nd method works :)
i cannot change settings for opening in floating window but i can disable it - this is goot too

schmandroid

Apr 29, 2013
Perth
Hi there everyone - I've been looking for a way to turn off the search bar in portrait mode but can't find any way to - any ideas?

I just haven't had any use for it....

Sent from my PHOTON Q using XDA Free mobile app

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Hi there everyone - I've been looking for a way to turn off the search bar in portrait mode but can't find any way to - any ideas?

I just haven't had any use for it....

Sent from my PHOTON Q using XDA Free mobile app

Hm, I guess it never bothered me so I never attempted to remove it...

If the obvious doesn't work, there may be some xposed module... but I always ask that xposed is removed before submitting any bug reports, so use it with caution if you do go this route.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Theoretically a symbolic link would work.
    But it appears that "link is not implemented" in terminal (which I don't quite understand since we have symbolic links there).

If it somehow works for you (maybe I'm missing busybox or something else?):

Delete/move your download directory in your internal_sd.
    Because there can't be a directory AND symbolic link with the same name.
    Be sure that there is a folder named "Download" (case sensitive; means not "download" but "Download") in the external_sd.

Open a terminal app and type in:
    su
    cd /sdcard
    ln -s /external_sd/Download Download

There it is. If you remove your external_sd, then the link won't work and everything that tries to save data there will probably fail.
    There hasn't been any nightly releases in the past 5 days. Is there something wrong with the server?

Well, sort of. I think the new theme engine stuff CM pushed still hasn't been fixed - one of our team members I thought fixed it, but perhaps the fixes didn't get merged...

So the builds are failing, thus no complete .zip's are being uploaded. We'll get it fixed, thanks.
    phone is not booting up after flashing CARBON-KK-NIGHTLY-20140701-1104-moto_msm8960.

You... quoted my post which explains the issue. What's the problem?