Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 44,568 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PROBLEM] LG G Pad V-500 Does not boot.

Tip us?

Jhon998
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation [PROBLEM] LG G Pad V-500 Does not boot.

Hi xda devs, i have a some little problem with my lg g pad v-500...

I have powered off my device when the sd card removed unexpectedly, becuase when i restarted it nothing happened to the sd card, or even i connect it to the pc with sd adapter, the sd card does not listed as removable storage or either anything! or even micro sd to usb flash, nothing happened!

it does not boot up when i press the POWER button, for 15 seconds.

it does not show that the battery is charging when connect to lg charger.

it does not boot when pressing POWER + VOL. DOWN, or even POWER + VOL. UP, or the three buttons together for 15 seconds.

it does not enter to download mode when press VOL. UP + VOL. DOWN while inserting the usb cable from pc, so i think its not powered off!

I am sure that i haven't dropped it, so i think the battery haven't slide away.

I have updated lately to V20b, that fixes sd card R/W.

so any suggestions for how to get it to work, because I am thinking of sent my G Pad to lg service center.

muiriddin
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhon998 View Post

so any suggestions for how to get it to work, because I am thinking of sent my G Pad to lg service center.
So, based upon you trying what I suggested for another user in the other thread, and nothing happening when you plug it in on a few different chargers , I'm not sure what to suggest next the service center may be your best option at this point. It almost sounds like somehow your battery or the connections for the battery have failed. If it was out of warranty I'd have you take the back off, find the battery and see if it has any charge or not and then test where the leads for the battery connect to the board (assuming you had a multi-meter etc.)

Just to make sure we have eliminated some possibilities.

1. You used different chargers/computers to see if one of them would charge the tablet. This failed.
2. You used different cables to eliminate the possibility that one of the cables has a fault. (this is a new suggestion)
3. With the device plugged in to a power source you tried holding the power button for over 10 seconds to see if resetting the tablet with a power source connected caused the tablet to reset (this failed)
4. As you state above you have tried several of the other key combinations with or without power applied to the device and this has failed as well.

I don't have a Motorola factory cable and do not know if LG devices actually respond to them so this is a question to others out there who may know, do LG devices respond to a factory cable? If they do, plugging a factory cable into the device would cause the battery to be completely ignored and should make the device power up if the problem is a disconnected or failed battery...

It may be time to take it to the LG service depot in your area unfortunately...

Jhon998
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by muiriddin View Post
So, based upon you trying what I suggested for another user in the other thread, and nothing happening when you plug it in on a few different chargers , I'm not sure what to suggest next the service center may be your best option at this point. It almost sounds like somehow your battery or the connections for the battery have failed. If it was out of warranty I'd have you take the back off, find the battery and see if it has any charge or not and then test where the leads for the battery connect to the board (assuming you had a multi-meter etc.)

1. You used different chargers/computers to see if one of them would charge the tablet. This failed.
2. You used different cables to eliminate the possibility that one of the cables has a fault. (this is a new suggestion)
3. With the device plugged in to a power source you tried holding the power button for over 10 seconds to see if resetting the tablet with a power source connected caused the tablet to reset (this failed)
4. As you state above you have tried several of the other key combinations with or without power applied to the device and this has failed as well.

I don't have a Motorola factory cable and do not know if LG devices actually respond to them so this is a question to others out there who may know, do LG devices respond to a factory cable? If they do, plugging a factory cable into the device would cause the battery to be completely ignored and should make the device power up if the problem is a disconnected or failed battery...

I used the same charger and cable and computer and another charger and cable and all of them are working with another (5) devices from select of companies(LG_Samsung_Nokia)...

Jhon998
Old
(Last edited by Jhon998; 30th April 2014 at 02:48 PM.) Reason: forgot some words :)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by muiriddin View Post

Yeah, Now I Sent It To The Nearest LG Service Depot, Where's The LG Devices Get Repaired And Fixed, So I am Just Waiting....

stamatis
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,096
Thread closed per OP's request.
The Following User Says Thank You to stamatis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe