Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,531 Members 51,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.4.3 dialer

Tip us?

Rodeojones
Old
Thanks Meter 173
I have this dialer working on the latest xdabbeb ROM for VS980. Been using it since the day the apk was made available. Zero issues or crashes.

picaso86
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Work on stock - Rooted G2. If you are using Nova, just create a shortcut using "Activities" and select "Google Dialer" and then "Phone" (first one)

toaom2
Old
Thanks Meter 1
To get it to work properly with no force closes on 4.4.2 I first installed 1.01 from here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319196848

Then upgraded to 1.1 from the apk mentioned in the original article. Had to do the described tricks to make it show up where it's supposed to be. In order to make it the "defautl dialer" for incoming calls I turned off the Floating call answer option when another app is open in the phone settings.

mgolder
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by picaso86 View Post
Work on stock - Rooted G2. If you are using Nova, just create a shortcut using "Activities" and select "Google Dialer" and then "Phone" (first one)
Yep, worked just fine for me on stock, rooted with Nova. Had to create the shortcut away from my dock though and then move it to it mind. Bit weird. Also, pressing the bottom left button (presumably for recent calls etc, just closes the app (not a force close as such).

xstahsie
Old
(Last edited by xstahsie; 10th June 2014 at 05:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeojones View Post
I have this dialer working on the latest xdabbeb ROM for VS980. Been using it since the day the apk was made available. Zero issues or crashes.
How did you get yours to work? I have the same ROM from xdabbeb ; however, when I drop the oak into the priv-app folder, changed permission, and reboot nothing happens.

Update: Disregard. I downloaded an app from Google Play called "Activity Launcher" and was able to create the Google Dialer "Phone" shortcut for use on my G2 stock launcher.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

mojo6911
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Has anyone figured out how to replace the stock dialer for incoming calls? I replaced it just fine for outgoing, but can't override the G2 default dialer for incoming calls.

ulakala
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by toaom2 View Post
To get it to work properly with no force closes on 4.4.2 I first installed 1.01 from here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319196848

Then upgraded to 1.1 from the apk mentioned in the original article. Had to do the described tricks to make it show up where it's supposed to be. In order to make it the "defautl dialer" for incoming calls I turned off the Floating call answer option when another app is open in the phone settings.
hi...exuse me for my bad english

i have lg g2 (d802) 20d stock and rooted.....don't work for me.....

a question.... if i flash the version 1.01it replace stock app or other app or i can flash without problem?

then if i want to uninstall that how can i do?