Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,172 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xiaomi Mi2S vs ZTE Nubia Z5S mini?

Tip us?
 
pgchelsea
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 40
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default Xiaomi Mi2S vs ZTE Nubia Z5S mini?

Both the phones - Xiaomi Mi2S and ZTE Nubia Z5S mini have the same specs...but as far as I've seen in the reviews online the Z5S mini lags a tiny bit in gaming. But on the contrary it has a 4.7 inch screen and an SD card slot(very useful )!!!

So which one do you recommend? Any suggestions...please??
 
joezer
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default ZTE vs Xiaomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgchelsea View Post
Both the phones - Xiaomi Mi2S and ZTE Nubia Z5S mini have the same specs...

I was looking at both these phones, but the frequency for 3G is different. As a result I couldn't use the ZTE.

ZTE has LTE and NFC
Xiaomi has gloness + gps + removable battery

Here a comparison: devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/e2fcd9
 
pgchelsea
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 40
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by joezer View Post
I was looking at both these phones, but the frequency for 3G is different. As a result I couldn't use the ZTE.

ZTE has LTE and NFC
Xiaomi has gloness + gps + removable battery

Here a comparison: devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/e2fcd9
Their frequency for 3G are same....aren't they? I'm not talking about the Nubia Z5S mini LTE version...I'm talking about the basic Z5S mini...
 
joezer
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgchelsea View Post
Their frequency for 3G are same....aren't they? I'm not talking about the Nubia Z5S mini LTE version...I'm talking about the basic Z5S mini...
nope, still different...

- Mi2s is 145 gram and z5s mini is 120 gram
- z5s mini supports 2.4 and 5GHz WIFI - Mi2s only 2.4 (only read this on forum + never mentioned in specs)
- z5s mini has sd card slot i believe
- z5s mini has different 3g bands: z5s mini has wcdma 2100 whilst mi2s has 850/2100
that's the reason I didn't take nubia 5s mini, if it would support 850, then I would have bought that one
 
Truck'n Hemi
Old
(Last edited by vanessaem; 17th July 2014 at 10:50 AM.)
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 67
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by joezer View Post
nope, still different...

- Mi2s is 145 gram and z5s mini is 120 gram
- z5s mini supports 2.4 and 5GHz WIFI - Mi2s only 2.4 (only read this on forum + never mentioned in specs)
- z5s mini has sd card slot i believe
- z5s mini has different 3g bands: z5s mini has wcdma 2100 whilst mi2s has 850/2100
that's the reason I didn't take nubia 5s mini, if it would support 850, then I would have bought that one
I read on a Russian site that the Z5S mini supports various 3G bands, four if I`m not mistaken, and was not the LTE version as well. Go look for it...just a sec.
I believe it has GLONASS too, it comes with the Snap 600 SoC, but I didn`t find NFC in any other site.
 
kycity
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hong Kong
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgchelsea View Post
Both the phones - Xiaomi Mi2S and ZTE Nubia Z5S mini have the same specs...but as far as I've seen in the reviews online the Z5S mini lags a tiny bit in gaming. But on the contrary it has a 4.7 inch screen and an SD card slot(very useful )!!!

So which one do you recommend? Any suggestions...please??
Rom of Xiaomi is better
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Enjoy Wallpaper Overload with PhotoPhase

We don’t usually feature live wallpapers on the XDA Portal unless they are somewhat innovative … more

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more