Dcking station + monitor

OP mishooo

28th June 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Thanks Meter: 7

174 posts
More
Ok so here we go its more of a cool idea but does anyone know if that will work?

Can i buy a docking station (computer one as in the ones with ethernet port monitor outputs i.e.) use my OTG cable and connect the phone to 2 monitors lets say ?

At work I`m using my laptop to connect to a server anyhow and using 2 additional monitors so was wondering could i do that with a phone - mainly will it support the montors?

Regards
2nd July 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 42

165 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishooo

Ok so here we go its more of a cool idea but does anyone know if that will work?

Can i buy a docking station (computer one as in the ones with ethernet port monitor outputs i.e.) use my OTG cable and connect the phone to 2 monitors lets say ?

At work I`m using my laptop to connect to a server anyhow and using 2 additional monitors so was wondering could i do that with a phone - mainly will it support the montors?

Regards

For anything to work you'll need an MHL adapter that sends your display through the usb port - A simple OTG won't work..
http://www.amazon.co.uk/HNPtech-HDMI.../dp/B00JIWVXSE

Once you have MHL output (To HDMI) you can connect it to a monitor! Not so sure about 2 monitors at once though..
The Following User Says Thank You to linjes For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Thanks Meter: 7

174 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linjes

For anything to work you'll need an MHL adapter that sends your display through the usb port - A simple OTG won't work..
http://www.amazon.co.uk/HNPtech-HDMI.../dp/B00JIWVXSE

Once you have MHL output (To HDMI) you can connect it to a monitor! Not so sure about 2 monitors at once though..

Yeah the question now is can i do 2 ... certainly the device can support it since it runs its own screen whiles being connected so will have t try.

cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread