Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 52,194 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.1+] Active Searching - Always Listening | Listening on Home-Screen

Tip us?

ct_tec313
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_0829 View Post
Alright , lightning launcher home or Extreme version?
Will update in few days
have made any progress on the s4 and do you have to run the paid and free versions together....
Never have so few owed so much to so many.............

sam_0829
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct_tec313 View Post
have made any progress on the s4 and do you have to run the paid and free versions together....
No , u don't need to run together ... no need of free version if u have paid version , i'll implement the code which will ask to uninstall the free version when u open the Donate version first time , so users won't be confused with two same icons in app drawer.

& regarding s4 , no not yet , fix is in my mind but will need full day to implement it & can't afford to spend full day on this coz of exams

btw changed UI a little bit check out the attached screenshot with this post .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-10-18-55-29[1].png
Views:	159
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	2736037  
Active Searching :
Hot Word Detection from your Home-Screen of Touchwiz , Sense (Prism), Next Launcher 3D ,
Apex & Nova Launcher

Check it out :
XDA | Play Store

Please :
The Following User Says Thank You to sam_0829 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ct_tec313
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Hey no problem one more thing on the paid version, no okay Google as an option, is this by design?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

sam_0829
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct_tec313 View Post
Hey no problem one more thing on the paid version, no okay Google as an option, is this by design?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Actually i updated free version with Okay Google option later after pushing Donate update , so it's there in free version but not in donate version...
It'll be in next update along with support for ssLauncher as i got mail from one user

honestly , i am afraid in including okay google , because we need to speak in pure US accent , & as i am Indian , it works rarely for me,
So am afraid of poor rating from people because of this . This thing needs high optimization & believe me that will take more than 3-4 months of mine in optimization process because i'll have to learn that first.. so i am just waiting for exams to finish . & if i'll be able to optimize it then we can't imagine how far this can go
Active Searching :
Hot Word Detection from your Home-Screen of Touchwiz , Sense (Prism), Next Launcher 3D ,
Apex & Nova Launcher

Check it out :
XDA | Play Store

Please :
The Following User Says Thank You to sam_0829 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ct_tec313
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Ok bother like I said you need I'm here keep doing your thing and good luck in school.....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to ct_tec313 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LastChild
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_0829 View Post
Getting very less response ... i don't see any reason on working on a app which people don't like / use

But still i'll give updates because of few people who bought donate version.. thanks for that..
Oh please, please, PLEASE don't stop dev on this project. This is exactly what I needed. Playing with the free version now. It's a little finicky detecting the hotword, but that could be due to my Southern U.S. accent. Definitely considering buying the donate when you update and add "OK Google" to the donate.

sam_0829
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastChild View Post
Oh please, please, PLEASE don't stop dev on this project. This is exactly what I needed. Playing with the free version now. It's a little finicky detecting the hotword, but that could be due to my Southern U.S. accent. Definitely considering buying the donate when you update and add "OK Google" to the donate.
Yup , i'll not stop working on this
& that hot phrase will be there in next update in few days .. i m getting new laptop today may be...
So have to set up all the stuff again so it'll take few days for me to test it & then pushing the update.
Active Searching :
Apex & Nova Launcher

Check it out :
XDA | Play Store

Please :

LastChild
Old
Thanks Meter 0
After using the free version for about 48 hours the only REAL problems I'm seeing is 1) The service not reloading after a reboot of the device and 2) a couple of times I had to go into the app and hit the pause/play button to get voice recognition going again. I am on a Sprint Galaxy S5 SM-G900P Stock Un-rooted running Nova launcher. Great work otherwise. I look forward to the updated Donate version.

sam_0829
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 771
Default Donate Version

Small update pushed ... will be live in few hours ...

changelog : (Donate Version ) v2.2

★ Okay Google hot word added (Thanks for your Patience)
★ ssLauncher Pro support added

Huge update coming soon
Active Searching :
Apex & Nova Launcher

Check it out :
XDA | Play Store

Please :

sam_0829
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 771
Hey guys ,

Want a suggestion from you guys who are using my app or who are reading this.

As you might have read / used , Active Searching let's you to Open Google Now by saying Wake Up from your Home-Screen of many launchers

& Also provides listening while Charging & screen off. You might have heard or already have the update of Google Search which will provide all this "Missing" features which i tried to give users by Active Searching. And moreover , most of the Launcher Devs have included Hot Word Detection Support Already.

I am an android fan just like you , & i am more than happy that this features are provided by google it self & they are greatly improving it. but at the same time it makes me a little sad because i see the end of my hard work of 6-8 months here.

It won't be wise decision if i'll continue working on this app if no user is going to use it. No body will like to work on an app which is less useful to user.

so , i request you all to tell me your views on this . Should i give few more updates ? I have few more app ideas with me to work on & will like to move on based on your suggestion.

So , i request you again for the same . No matter you have used my app or not , or you are using it or not ,please freely share your thoughts on this.

& Thanks for reading till end
Active Searching :
Apex & Nova Launcher

Check it out :
XDA | Play Store

Please :