Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 48,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.2][01/04]SlimKat - N7000 [Build 4][WEEKLIES]

Tip us?

NaveenKD
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Are there going to be no more stable builds for N7000.
The slimroms site says inactive Device Manager?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Free mobile app

yawa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheosGifted View Post
It has got to do with google apps. First try to disable any notifications in google+ settings (also sync of photos/videos and location). If that doesn't help, remove any update you installed and disable the aplication (in case you don't use google+ on phone)...

I had this problem as well, right after factory reset. It been said that aplication is scanning for photos and videos to upload, maybe some got stuck on some scanning loop, idk. I sometimes got it fixed w/o removing/disabling application, but sometimes it drove me crazy - I had to disable it completly. Now my phone lasts for 48h+ (5.10 weekly - although stable 5 is good as well).

Its known issue, you can find several fix suggestions, just Google it
Thank you for your tips! I tried almost everything I could. At last, I've installed Slim-4.4.4.build.5.10-WEEKLY-5154 with mini Gapps, from scratch (wipe/format etc.), at first without Google+. It was running stable for some days. Than I installed Google+ from market and this battery drain was there, although I didn't switch synchonizing on! I tried to wait some days, as I hoped, it will be better, but - nope. This **** eated my battery, sometimes with total system crash, so that I should take off the battery to restart my Note.

Any idea how can I fix it? (Yes, I have many fotos in the cloud and some hundred on the SD-card)

Thank you!

blindbox
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by yawa View Post
Thank you for your tips! I tried almost everything I could. At last, I've installed Slim-4.4.4.build.5.10-WEEKLY-5154 with mini Gapps, from scratch (wipe/format etc.), at first without Google+. It was running stable for some days. Than I installed Google+ from market and this battery drain was there, although I didn't switch synchonizing on! I tried to wait some days, as I hoped, it will be better, but - nope. This **** eated my battery, sometimes with total system crash, so that I should take off the battery to restart my Note.

Any idea how can I fix it? (Yes, I have many fotos in the cloud and some hundred on the SD-card)

Thank you!
Get BetterBatteryStats (there's an xda-developer edition), check for partial wakelocks, google the responsible wakelock. I fixed most battery drainers that way.
The Following User Says Thank You to blindbox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NaveenKD
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Where is 6.2 weekly for our Note? Or is this the death of slimrom development for GT-N7000?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Free mobile app
Tags
4.4, fast, light, n7000, slimkat