Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom Recovery and Rom

Tip us?
 
CHRIST STARZ
Old
#31  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 38
Join Date: Jun 2014
Your AWESOME... LET ME SEE IF IT WORKS

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

Can you please leave me step by step instructions? Because I downloaded the link by pressing on the link with my razor m and it downloaded. Then I opened ROM installer app and flashed it...it read successful flash then inside of ROM installer I went to reboot recovery and it brought me back to the warning bootloader screen

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Free mobile app
 
poppers162
Old
(Last edited by poppers162; 4th July 2014 at 04:34 PM.)
#32  
poppers162's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 228
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIST STARZ View Post
Your AWESOME... LET ME SEE IF IT WORKS

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

Can you please leave me step by step instructions? Because I downloaded the link by pressing on the link with my razor m and it downloaded. Then I opened ROM installer app and flashed it...it read successful flash then inside of ROM installer I went to reboot recovery and it brought me back to the warning bootloader screen

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Free mobile app
It should have worked. Try rebooting into recovery manually. Power off your phone, and then turn in back on by pressing the power button+volume down. Once a black and white screen appears, use the volume down button to hover over recovery and hit the volume up to select it. You can try re-downloading the file using a different link too. http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/msm8960/

It should be the file second from the bottom. With the numbers 2710 for TWRP

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Droid RAZR M all the way! Unlocked-Rooted-Stock KK
 
CHRIST STARZ
Old
#33  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 38
Join Date: Jun 2014
Ok I will try again. I've tried to as well just as the others stated in this thread. It's like the recovering option is dead or something. I don't think it's the twrp file I think it's the recovering option thats malfunctioning

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
poppers162
Old
#34  
poppers162's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 228
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIST STARZ View Post
Ok I will try again. I've tried to as well just as the others stated in this thread. It's like the recovering option is dead or something. I don't think it's the twrp file I think it's the recovering option thats malfunctioning

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
That's weird. When I was on KK, it worked the first time. Have you tried flashing it via fastboot?

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Droid RAZR M all the way! Unlocked-Rooted-Stock KK
 
ezknives
Old
(Last edited by ezknives; 5th July 2014 at 06:16 AM.)
#35  
ezknives's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 589
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppers162 View Post
That's weird. When I was on KK, it worked the first time. Have you tried flashing it via fastboot?

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
That first link you posted was for the RAZR HD if he has been flashing that I'm unsure as to what happens... But you did tell him it was second from the bottom so hopefully he grabbed that one... I would grab it again and try flashing with rashr

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
CHRIST STARZ
Old
#36  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 38
Join Date: Jun 2014
I'm not sure what's going on but I have tried fastboot flash recovery nameoffile.Img then it appears to say failed but then the very in of the results say successful....so I dont know if it flash it or not really...I will post results when I get home...hope all of you had a very blessed 4th of July though

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
mjluber
Old
#37  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Dec 2009
Default Help with custom recovery

This is likely a NOOB question from a guy out of his depth.I'm currently running 4.4.2 system version 183.46.10 that was hacked from the moto G previous post gple...... Had to flash the stock 4.4.2 then flash to this. ROM working well. Lost my custom recovery. Tried every method listed above including RASHR and Flashify. No custom recovery seems to stick. Now seems to have lost stock recvoery. When I use the hard buttons and select recvoery stuck in boot loop and need to force to load. ROM still works after this failed recovery flash. I'v downloaded the TWRP and CWM from Dhacker29. TWRP 2710 and CWM 6.0.4.6. Don't understand the HTML file on the TWRP download. Have tried to rename it with img ending. Tried to load on internal storage. Tried to download directly to phone. Any help on what basic concept that I'm missing would be appreciated.
 
xKroniK13x
Old
(Last edited by xKroniK13x; 9th July 2014 at 03:10 PM.)
#38  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 179
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjluber View Post
This is likely a NOOB question from a guy out of his depth.I'm currently running 4.4.2 system version 183.46.10 that was hacked from the moto G previous post gple...... Had to flash the stock 4.4.2 then flash to this. ROM working well. Lost my custom recovery. Tried every method listed above including RASHR and Flashify. No custom recovery seems to stick. Now seems to have lost stock recvoery. When I use the hard buttons and select recvoery stuck in boot loop and need to force to load. ROM still works after this failed recovery flash. I'v downloaded the TWRP and CWM from Dhacker29. TWRP 2710 and CWM 6.0.4.6. Don't understand the HTML file on the TWRP download. Have tried to rename it with img ending. Tried to load on internal storage. Tried to download directly to phone. Any help on what basic concept that I'm missing would be appreciated.
If it's downloading an HTML file, it's probably getting a server error and saving that error as a webpage. Definitely your problem. If you bootloop in recovery, it's because it flashed this HTML file as your recovery and certainly won't know what to do.

Go on your PC and try downloading it, then email it to yourself or flash it using 'fastboot flash recovery yourrecovery.img'

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk
Please say thanks if a post helps you out.
"There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated." -NOFX

Devices
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Cyanogenmod Nightlies 4.4.4
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes