Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

HTC Amaze won't turn on or charge

OP cowboy1995

22nd May 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

43 posts
More
My Amaze was connected via USB to my Ubuntu laptop and I was testing a game I was working on. Suddenly, my computer could not recognize my device and, my device and charging light was off (the battery was at ~94%). I have 3 batteries, and none of them work when trying to power on the device. My device was S-OFF, SuperCID, rooted, and running Android Revolution ROM HD. I was using a Samsung cable if that makes a difference. I tried booting with Power+Vol. Down but that did not work. I figure it is a hardware problem, but it seems odd that it would do this all of a sudden. Can anybody confirm what is wrong with it, and maybe a possible fix? Thanks!

Edit: I get the QHUSB_DLOAD driver message.
Last edited by cowboy1995; 22nd May 2014 at 04:36 PM.
15th June 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

43 posts
More
Anyone? Please help!
30th June 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 36

74 posts
Sorry, your phone is almost bricked. Flash chip bug makes large chunks of the entire flash unreadable. It's more likely to happen if you issue a trim command or format a partition in the wrong way. (Well, it's the right way for flash, but our chip can get borked.) Mine just happened when I was copying a bunch of data over.

You corrupted something fairly early in the boot process but not the earliest thing. Search for fixes for the qhusb and you'll find a couple things. They didn't work for me, but might for you. Even if you fix it, it might re-brick itself after a bit of usage.
The Following User Says Thank You to ezdi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdi

Sorry, your phone is almost bricked. Flash chip bug makes large chunks of the entire flash unreadable. It's more likely to happen if you issue a trim command or format a partition in the wrong way. (Well, it's the right way for flash, but our chip can get borked.) Mine just happened when I was copying a bunch of data over.

You corrupted something fairly early in the boot process but not the earliest thing. Search for fixes for the qhusb and you'll find a couple things. They didn't work for me, but might for you. Even if you fix it, it might re-brick itself after a bit of usage.

Thank you for your response! You logic seems to be correct as I wasn't messing with any critical files. Please update your post if you find a solution!
2nd July 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #5  

74 posts
Did you find the post(s) I was talking about? They may work for you. It basically involves trying to rewrite the bootloader.

I ended up punting and trying to desolder the MMC chip so I could try to get my data off it. Unfortunately, it's epoxied on so it got very damaged even though I was using a pretty good hot-air reflow station, so I haven't tried soldering it to a SD-card reader.
The Following User Says Thank You to ezdi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdi

Did you find the post(s) I was talking about? They may work for you. It basically involves trying to rewrite the bootloader.

I ended up punting and trying to desolder the MMC chip so I could try to get my data off it. Unfortunately, it's epoxied on so it got very damaged even though I was using a pretty good hot-air reflow station, so I haven't tried soldering it to a SD-card reader.

I have tried that numerous times to rewrite the bootloader, but to no avail. Can you post a picture, and do you think a JTAG would work?
9th July 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #7  

74 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1995

I have tried that numerous times to rewrite the bootloader, but to no avail. Can you post a picture, and do you think a JTAG would work?

Picture of the board? I think I have it around somewhere. If I can find it, sure.

In theory it should work, but I don't think anyone has publicly mapped out the pins for it and I didn't feel like trying to figure out the software side of things to connect it to the generic JTAG adapters I have access to. It's possible that one of the phone-centric JTAG makers has an adapter board, but I'm not willing to spend $bank on a phone worth barely anything.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread