Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Debug/Disassemble Running Process

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By jj72uk, Junior Member on 22nd April 2014, 09:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,

I have googled this issue and searched the forums, forgive me if I haven't followed the rules (which I have read).

I have a premium app (not mine, 3rd parties), i am not looking to hack it, I have bought it.

I am trying to work out how it does some background calculations with not much luck, it uses ( I am led to believe the NDK was used, so can't be decompiled in the usual way, it has a .so library and the decompiled java doesn't show much.).

So my thought have been turned to the asm of it, and I was wondering if there was a way to attach a debugged to a running android process and be able to disassemble that running process so I can "watch" the calculation happen.

I have a rooted android device, and like I say own the game.

I believe in the iOS world with xcode and a JB device you'd would need to attach a debugger to a running process, then put a hardware watchpoint on the offset you know is the value you need then you continue, do something in the game to trigger reading that value.

I just can't find anything similar for android.

Any help would be appreciated.
9th July 2014, 05:15 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
If this isnt the right place to ask a question like this can anyone point towards the right place?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread