Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] stock recovery.img for Lava iris 406q (ro.product.board=MSM8610)

Tip us?

Shreesh_the_beginner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rooting lava iris 406q

U guys say u have rooted this phone. Can you please guide on how to do that ? i am hesitant to use Vroot , any other malware free root method description is the need of the hour

Siddhartha9964
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreesh_the_beginner View Post
U guys say u have rooted this phone. Can you please guide on how to do that ? i am hesitant to use Vroot , any other malware free root method description is the need of the hour
Hey Shreesh,
You can use vroot. Its the best. It does not contain any sort of malware.The anti virus apps detect it as malware because it edits certain files i android. For that matter any root app you use, the anti virus app will detect it as malware. So go ahead and root it using vroot. I have tried it my self and works without a problem.
Cheers.

Shreesh_the_beginner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddhartha9964 View Post
Hey Shreesh,
You can use vroot. Its the best. It does not contain any sort of malware.The anti virus apps detect it as malware because it edits certain files i android. For that matter any root app you use, the anti virus app will detect it as malware. So go ahead and root it using vroot. I have tried it my self and works without a problem.
Cheers.
Hi Siddhartha,

I tried rooting it thru vroot yesterday but was unsucessful. I had recently received an 25mb update. Any other method?
I want to root the phone for the below mentioned reasons :-
  • 1 I want to play high end games (by installing them on the external memory card i have)
  • 2 move most of the non system apps to the external memory card , right now the " move to SD Card" option moves apps to the internal sd card.
    Further setting the "Prefererred Install Location" in the "storage" section of settings to "external storage(SD card)" does not help much.
Any way to do these without rooting?

Siddhartha9964
Old
(Last edited by Siddhartha9964; 22nd June 2014 at 06:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreesh_the_beginner View Post
Hi Siddhartha,

I tried rooting it thru vroot yesterday but was unsucessful. I had recently received an 25mb update. Any other method?
I want to root the phone for the below mentioned reasons :-
  • 1 I want to play high end games (by installing them on the external memory card i have)
  • 2 move most of the non system apps to the external memory card , right now the " move to SD Card" option moves apps to the internal sd card.
    Further setting the "Prefererred Install Location" in the "storage" section of settings to "external storage(SD card)" does not help much.
Any way to do these without rooting?
Hey,
You can use root genius. You have to install rot genius on your pc n connect your phone to the pc with usb debugging mode enabled on your phone(you can find it in developer options in settings) and click root now in root genius.And you cannot do the things you said without rooting...

adithespy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Stock rom needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay9 View Post
I own the same phone and can help u provide the stock recovery .. but any idea how to take it ??
Ill give you my email id could you send me the rom....im badly in deed of it...!! Conatc me @ adithespy@gmail.com Plz i need ua hlp

henry_sin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Need stock rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithespy View Post
Ill give you my email id could you send me the rom....im badly in deed of it...!! Conatc me @ adithespy@gmail.com Plz i need ua hlp
if you get the stock rom please upload it on dropbox or something!!!
urgently require!!! cant install updates!!!
plus if you have gotten the kitkat update just upload that too
thx.